Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
11-04-2008, 10:52 PM   #11

Re: Abdominal pain & accidental urination???

I am sure that I have seen some variety of cat food that has cranberry in it. Can't remember what though. That would be good for Thomas.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: DSH
12-04-2008, 12:07 PM   #12

I'm the one who's cat has the ruptured bladder. I can't stress enough how important it is to get your cat to the vet as soon as you see any signed of urinary problems, especially in males.

Signs can be:
- inapprropraite urinaration
- lack of urianrtion/straining
- excessive licking at the gential area
- general uncomfort, unsettledness - Alf paces about and can't get comfortable

In Alf's case we suspect that stress may have been a factor as we seem to have a cat that was coming into my back garden at night.

Alf is starting to make progress but his vets bill are likely to be in excess of £3500 (thank goodness for insurance!).

Fingers crossed that Thomas responds to the medication and is a happy boy again soon.

Cheryl

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Fabulous moggies!
13-04-2008, 10:43 AM   #13

Aw Cheryl poor poor Alf, I am thinking of you both and praying he gets better really soon.

Thank you so much for pointing out the symptoms to look out for - Thomas has been displaying all those symptoms for over a week now but luckily it seems it didn't come to anything more serious as he seems much much better now.

Thomas also has been pacing about, wandering around not seeming to know what to do with himself. He has also been displaying odd behaviour, for example he'll notice something random on the floor and become extremely scared of it, yesterday I only moved my foot and he leapt about 4 feet in the air in fright bless him.

BUT this morning he has been outside playing with our other cat Scrabble (who is only 1 and brings out the kitten in Thomas) and they were both leaping on leaves for about an hour, it was hilarious!

Anyway sorry I am waffling on!

Thank you everyone for all your help and advice. I will certainly look out for that cat food with cranberry in it angieh, it sounds perfect for Thomas.

xxxx

Cats owned: Persian
catsarepurrfect is Male
13-04-2008, 10:56 AM   #14

I sense something bad and I would suggest you to take him to the vet immediately.

Usually when a cat is behaving in that manner and when you try to touch their tummy and they nip, it's something serious.

Hope everything goes well with him

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
13-04-2008, 11:52 AM   #15

So glad Thomas is on the mend Sarah. Good that you took him to the vet and got him sorted out. ***HUGS*** to you and Thomas too of course.