Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
13-12-2008, 10:26 PM   #11

Re: Daily thread ~ Saturday

Have been to Devon and back (500 mile round trip) with my Mum to see my elderly Aunt in her care home today. She's as miserable as ever but physically in much, much better shape than when we saw her in summer. She'll just have to work on the attitude a bit . . . It was truly wet and a dreadful drive which followed a virtually-sleepness night on the sofa as our dinner out went about as pear-shaped as it could

Nat - I'm too so very sorry to hear about your MIL. Just be there for your husband whether he wants to rant, cry or just have someone to hug him. Please send him my good wishes . . . and my thoughts of strength.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
13-12-2008, 10:37 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink
So sorry to hear about recent events, Matron. Sending you lots of love, vibes, and strength. I hope you will take care.

Very chilly and windy over here..the snow was supposed to arrive by 7am but now they are saying 7pm. Tomorrow even colder and snow all day. So I guess that means I'm supposed to put up my Christmas decorations now, huh?

Last night, OH got a small Xmas Bonus gift card to Walmart and we bought a few things for the animals but mostly spent it on "presents" for the family we will be seeing on Christmas day at my parents house.
They were told by my mother that we could barely afford the gas to drive the four hours there and back and that we could not afford presents and everyone was in agreement this was fine as my cousin and his new wife were in the same predicament as they just had a baby.
We ended up getting small things to hand out...like candies, bath wash, bracelets and such. It is very obvious these things did not cost a lot of money and are just trinkets but it will make me feel a little more comfortable showing up with something in my hands.
I thought that was really kind of OH to spend his bonus on that for my benefit.
Anyway, I digress..sorry!
Will probably spend most of the day hiding from the weather, watching movies in sweats, and eating warm things, LOL...hope everyone has a good rest of the day!
Tink, I have to say you have a really good man there!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
13-12-2008, 11:43 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Tink, I have to say you have a really good man there!
Thank you, he is very modest and will NEVER admit to anyone in my family he did that but I think I got lucky with him for sure (I told my mom on the phone though what he did though and told her to keep it a secret from him that she knows LOL).

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
13-12-2008, 11:45 PM   #14

So sorry to hear about your MIL Matron. ((hugs))

I have had a brill day. Caught the train to London at 6.30 am, my daughter met me at St Pancras, we went to her room at uni, then to breakfast at cafe Rouge in Kensington, a few mins walk from where she is staying. Then we did some shopping, I bought some shoes, jeans and a cardi and a present for OH. Afterwards we saw the matinee performance of The Lion King, it is amazing! Then for dinner at a Greek Restaurant, indulged myself at a Molton Brown shop afterards, on the tube again to my daughters church for a carol service, which was lovely. Now laying in her bed using her laptop! A brilliant day. We are off to The Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park tomorrow and meeting my son before he flies off to Egypt on Monday