Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
30-12-2008, 05:14 PM   #11

Re: Tuesday's Thread

Afternoon, all. Elaine, hope your sister will be better; PL, glad to hear about the gpig!
Brilliant blue skies and 6C now before lunch; going to be a nice day. Tomorrow much colder with howling winds; hope we don't lose power with trees down. Did a run to the other market; annoyed they were out of some things I needed..
Leia had a fit of the crazies this morning, ran thru the house as if her tail were on fire, but has reverted to her placid self and napping now. No real news here as usual.

Stay well and warm, all!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
30-12-2008, 05:28 PM   #12

Apologies for late arrival!
We seem to have been out and about all day, doing nothing very much really.
I hope things calm down for those who are having testing times - and if those who are having a quiet time want more excitement then I wish you that too.
I took some (I hope) nice pics of Bentley & D last night but haven't downloaded (?uploaded) them yet - will do that now and post any if they are nice.
Keep warm - it's blimmin cold here and forecast for the next week

Oh - nearly forgot. I've got a great-nephew. Arrived on time (planned Caesaian - he couldn't avoid it) yesterday. So, part of today's tasks was finding the perfect arrival gift for him and an Aren't-you-lucky-to-have-a new-brother gift for his sister.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
30-12-2008, 08:10 PM   #13

DM; May I welcome your great nephew to the World. I have days like that do loads but achieve nothing.
Elaine hope your sister feels a little better.
PL Glad about the GP.
Everyone else Hello, Good evening.

Weather cold here, back to work today like I have never been away seems everyone had a lovely Christmas which is nice.
Not done much apart from work came home took Sal out and just had dinner.
Last night the TV in the bedroom (flatscreen thingy brought in August) packed up, just checked it out and yeap its up the swanny so glad I did not throw/give away the old bulky one. Will take it back to Asda...get my money back its silly packing up when it only been here since Sept and used rarely.
Will take it back on Friday my day off.

All in all an okay day, hope this evening finds everyone well.

Catsey Veteran

30-12-2008, 09:13 PM   #14

What a shame about the new TV dying on you, Kazz! I got a little new flat screen digital and having trouble figuring out how to set it up....very complicated; I go back to the days when you just bought a TV, plugged it in and you were good to go. Only have till early February to get the wretched thing working; analog goes dead then.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
30-12-2008, 09:15 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
What a shame about the new TV dying on you, Kazz! I got a little new flat screen digital and having trouble figuring out how to set it up....very complicated; I go back to the days when you just bought a TV, plugged it in and you were good to go. Only have till early February to get the wretched thing working; analog goes dead then.
Does it have a self tuner DM...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
30-12-2008, 09:16 PM   #16

I was just going to ask that.....

Catsey Veteran

30-12-2008, 09:37 PM   #17

I haven't the remotest idea what a self tuner is, Moli...... it's a Dynex; has something complicated called an auto scan...?

Catsey Veteran

30-12-2008, 09:54 PM   #18

If you press auto scan DM it should tune in all the stations itself....

Catsey Veteran

30-12-2008, 10:32 PM   #19

If I understand the manual correctly, auto scan will bring in all available channels, and there are dozens out there that I've never heard of and don't watch. I only want the four national ones and three of the FMs. There seems to be a way to create a channel list; tried it once and got confused. With the holidays, put it aside, but need to get it working ...think I need to ask Chris to come over and figure it out; he's a whiz at electronic things.

Catsey Veteran

30-12-2008, 10:41 PM   #20

I am the same as you DM, tunning anything is a nighmare....Hope you manage to get it sorted....