Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
31-12-2008, 10:09 PM   #11

Re: New Years Eve daily.

afternoon/evening all (depending where you live).
woke up with a start today as kuan yin decided to hide and was not in her normal morning resting space and i thought she had gotten outside again. after fifteen minutes of yelling her name, she waltzed out of the living room closet which she NEVER sleeps in..guess she wanted to try something new. gave her some catsip as a reward for coming out when i called her
slept in as OH was snoring enough to rattle the walls last night and it was quite late into the morning when i got to bed.
found more potty accidents by one of the dog, not sure who's doing it but it's getting to be a pain. might have to start feeding them supper sooner and letting them out longer in the evening..it's been several days in a row
tigger is missing the litter box too...it's been messy around here lately..yuck.
nothing exciting except OH will have a long weekend after he gets off work tonight around 8pm. not sure what we have to do or if anything will be open tomorrow to collect my monthly income...darn holidays! LOL..
tried my serger last night and it sewed for about five seconds till it came unthreaded and i haven't the slightest idea how to get it back..even with the manual i am very confused.
aunt also threw in a regular sewing machine which looks much simpler..only problem is it is heavy as heck and i can't move it off the ground and have no location as of yet to try it..have simply been staring at it, LOL.
will just do the normal boring chores today...and maybe watch the ball drop later tonight. we "hide" from the crowds around this time.
anyway, hope you all are having/had a good day.
lots of love and safety out to you on this day..
tink

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
31-12-2008, 10:14 PM   #12

What's a serger, Tink? Did I miss a post? Naughty Kuan Yin to give you such a scare. I'll be watching the ball drop tonight also...... Happy New Year to you and yours....

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
31-12-2008, 10:18 PM   #13

Tink or Eileen ....... what is "watching the ball drop tonight"? I assume it's something to do with the New Year?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
31-12-2008, 10:19 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
Tink or Eileen ....... what is "watching the ball drop tonight"? I assume it's something to do with the New Year?
Thanks for asking Mags, I was wondering too

Catsey Veteran

31-12-2008, 10:24 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
What's a serger, Tink? Did I miss a post? Naughty Kuan Yin to give you such a scare. I'll be watching the ball drop tonight also...... Happy New Year to you and yours....
I didn't know either! LOL...
from what i understand it sews like a sewing machine but also cuts fabric for you as well. from what i see it is very light which is nice (i tried it out sitting on my floor with the foot on the pedal b/c i haven't set up a desk yet, LOL!). it's very intricate looking..has four tall spools of thread in the back and each one threads into a different spot
i sewed about two inches before i guess somehow i put in the cutting mechanism and i started inadvertently tearing up my fabric haha...then all was lost. i guess you have to be careful how you feed it in or you will start cutting instead of sewing? apparently a lot of people use it and it's supposed to make your life easier but i stared at that manual for awhile and was a bit dumbfounded! i'm gonna see if my mechanic wise OH can explain the manual to me, LOL! maybe i need to practice threading a regular old sewing machine first before trying this serger thing first off!
my aunt gave me both the serger and the sewing machine so i guess she gave me two devices to sew?

Catsey Veteran

31-12-2008, 10:27 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli
ah..there is a lighted up ball that drops in time to the new year coming in in times square, new york. it starts from the top of a tall fixture and reaches the bottom as the countdown goes down to zero. it's always televised everywhere and there are insane crowds of people in new york that go to watch it in person over the newscast and celebrate. there are usually performances from celebrities as well that are also televised.
(hope i explained that right, LOL)

Global Moderator

31-12-2008, 10:28 PM   #17

Never heard of a serger, it looks complicated to me!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overlock
http://sewing.about.com/od/sergersov.../ss/serger.htm

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
31-12-2008, 10:30 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink
ah..there is a lighted up ball that drops in time to the new year coming in in times square, new york. it starts from the top of a tall fixture and reaches the bottom as the countdown goes down to zero. it's always televised everywhere and there are insane crowds of people in new york that go to watch it in person over the newscast and celebrate. there are usually performances from celebrities as well that are also televised.
Must watch our national news tomorrow, see if its on there, sounds brilliant....

Global Moderator

31-12-2008, 10:31 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink
That's interesting and makes it worth watching ........... we just have to wait and listen for the big 'boings' of Big Ben in London... ........ two and a half hours to go for us!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
31-12-2008, 10:33 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli
Big New Years Eve celebration in New York's Times Square...gazillions of people congregate there and watch the huge Waterford crystal globe drop slowly down from the tower....they count down 10-9-8- etc. till it touches the ground, everyone yells Happy New Year and the band plays Auld Lang Syne. Sort of silly, really, but it's been going on for over a hundred years ...always watch it!