Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
26-01-2009, 07:53 PM   #11

Re: Moonlit Monday

Monday's almost over but hey I got here! Didn't manage to get on here yesterday, work was manic and I worked 12 hours solid; shattered last night when I got in at 8pm.

Today, not too bad but making up for lost time online.
Hope everyone is less stressed today, Yola? meep?

Nat, don't work too hard, hope the 'clientele' aren't too nutty tonigt!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
26-01-2009, 08:19 PM   #12

Thanks for asking . . . I'm less stressed; tried and succeeded to keep everything calm here tonight (and OH came home early to help). I do however have a rotten upset stomach which I suspect is why I've been feeling iffy all day.

Thankfully it's kind of 'worked its way through so I'm all set for the remains of our shepherds pie with . . . luurrvely broccolli

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
26-01-2009, 09:33 PM   #13

Hi all - back at work today after my weeks holiday. I was shattered this morning. Poor Kinsi has very runny tummy and been in/out of her tray all night, then about 6am she was sick. Still runny but bright enough.

Terminally ill auntie has taken turn for worse so trying to support family as well.

Hope the poorlys feel better tomorrow.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
26-01-2009, 09:35 PM   #14

Sorry to hear about your aunt, CM. Never easy. Hope Kinsi perks up a bit soon....give her a cuddle from me.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
26-01-2009, 10:08 PM   #15

Hello.
I drove today!
Well, I had some motivation. OH ran off to work with the smokes and coffee pot was empty and I just felt like treating myself instead of making some so I went down the road to the local store...progress!
Very windy here lately...could feel the wind pushing up against the truck as we were driving last night..supposed to get a snow shower on Wednesday so I will have OH drive me to much needed appointment in the wee hours of the morning (not sure how I'm going to wake up for that!)
It's been hovering a bit above and under freezing level lately but the suns out with nasty wind chill..not sure where this weather is gonna go.
Last night watched "Wall-E" for the first time..was very impressed with it, wonderful movie!
Just gonna be a normal Monday around here..OH working and me at home doing chores and other boring things. I still can't believe I got outside straight out of bed. Too bad the weather's gonna hinder me I think in the next couple days..oh well.
I hope all the poorly people feel better. Take care everyone.

Catsey Veteran

26-01-2009, 10:16 PM   #16

Yay, Tink, good for you! And you needen't wait to order a TeleTubby suit till next year, looks as if Winter will be with us for months! We have (ugh!) snow in the forecast tomorrow ......

Catsey Veteran

26-01-2009, 10:19 PM   #17

Ugh, I know. I used to think snow was pretty..till i LIVED IN IT!!! LOL...I'm a California girl born and raised and been here three years and STILL not used to it..plus I fall on my bum everytime there's ice and make a fool of myself

Catsey Veteran

26-01-2009, 10:33 PM   #18

Oh, it's pretty enough....if you never need to go outside. We don't get much here, but sometimes we get a real humdinger...foot or more, and the City is paralyzed! People don't know how to drive in it and panic. It's a standing joke that whenever snow is forecast the store shelves are stripped of milk, bread and toilet paper!

Catsey Veteran

26-01-2009, 10:38 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Oh, it's pretty enough....if you never need to go outside. We don't get much here, but sometimes we get a real humdinger...foot or more, and the City is paralyzed! People don't know how to drive in it and panic. It's a standing joke that whenever snow is forecast the store shelves are stripped of milk, bread and toilet paper!
now THAT is funny

Catsey Veteran

26-01-2009, 11:13 PM   #20

Funny but embarrassingly true! One of the weathercasters has a Bread-O-Meter that he puts up when snow is forecast: One loaf = no panic, 2 loaves = might be a messy commute, and so forth up to 5 loaves = PANIC !! I admit I did the market run today: not for bread, milk or toilet paper (have enough of the above, besides you could always use Kleenex in an emergency!) but for fresh fruit and salad greens.