Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
30-03-2009, 03:32 PM   #11

Re: Harri is lame....

Hooray for decent vets and black marks for animal rescue organisations who keep kittens in mixed groups, risking the spread of all sorts of infection

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
30-03-2009, 04:15 PM   #12

Thank God you took her to your own vet! Much better prognosis, good that she's eaten, even though only a small amount. I agree 100% with what DM(UK) said!!!
What an emotional rollercoaster the last few days have been! (((hugs)))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
30-03-2009, 04:24 PM   #13

Rollercoaster was the word I had in mind too. What a horrible time you, your family and poor Harri are having. Healing vibes heading your way from me. Do hope she continues to improve.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
30-03-2009, 05:58 PM   #14

Hi all
its just after 3.30 in the morning.. harri was awake and she and i found myself the same so i popped up to see if she would like to use the tray... (we have her closed in her basket at the moment so she doesn't get into mischief)

she didn't want to use the tray but poceeded to play with the strap of the carry bag once i had her out so her pain relief is still holding some...

LOL Yola.. you dont know how many time ive thought about that in the last few months...not so much about my personal vet... but just vets in general... maybe i went into the wrong profession many years ago... police work never paid us that much!... We spent a small fortune with Tinky in the last 8 weeks of his life... just a smidge over $10,000! his final surgery was $3400 and the hospitalization was $2700... and then add on top of that the previous surgeries, procedures and meds with our own vet...which worked our to be just over $3900.. its money for jam if you are a vet... i know they do a lot of training... and my vet is wonderful... but with vets like the one i encountered at the RSPCA yesterday.. it does make me wonder..
one of the vet nurses at the practise i go to told me a story about the RSPCA yesterday about her sisters cat... it had a bladder infection... and she took it to the RSPCA vet near to where she lives... cause her usual vet was closed... they told her that it was really bad and that she should have her cat PTS.. she was distraught rang her sister who told her to bring it to see her at work.. so she drove the hour from where she lived... and had her cat seen to... proper investigations, pain relief and a few days later.. her cat was fine and still is to this day...
I have to say that the 3 visits i have made the RSPCA vet i have seen a different vet each time and the first 2 seemed very thorough.. the one yesterday whilst he was a very gentle person.. and seemed very caring..i have to wonder why he didn't offer pain relief as an option.. or even why he didn't examine Harri properly.. i wonder if its because the vet visits and meds for kitten follow up are included in the cost of the kitten adoption ($130)

In any case thank goodness for my vet.. who i have a very good relationship with..

well time to go back to bed...and take my little bundle of ginger fluff with me

Jo and Harri and George upstairs snoring zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
30-03-2009, 06:56 PM   #15

So pleased to hear that Harri is on the mend - you have had a time of it. I'm fortunate to have a great vet but I do agree there is a wide variety out there.

Look forward to hearing more good news from you about her.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
30-03-2009, 08:37 PM   #16

OMG, what an emotional roller coaster for you, so glad to hear that your vet gave her some pain releif and a better prognosis. xxx

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
01-04-2009, 03:02 AM   #17

Time for an update on my little poppet...
Since she went to my vet late on Monday afternoon she has been doing well....yesterday she seemed to be a little more congested... so i rang my vet and made an appointment for her to go this morning... her temp is back down to normal... her glands are still very swollen but she is playing and doing normal kitten stuff...despite sneezing her head off and the ulcer on her tongue is healing...
she is eating a little more...in the 24 hours to 10 am this morning she ate an 80 gram tub of dine fish in seafood sauce... nice and smelly... not ideal for her as it's not kitten food... but food is food at this stage.. so anything is a bonus..she is drinking and using the tray.. and has a lot more energy..so all things being equal she's doing ok!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
01-04-2009, 07:38 AM   #18

Hi Jo,
That is fantastic news to hear ,that has brightened up my morning, great news that her temp is down, eating abit more, ulcer getting better, and using the litter tray, and the most important factor of all playing and having fun like a little kitten should do.
She is a little doll and I can`t wait to see some more pics of the little darling Xxx.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
01-04-2009, 08:11 AM   #19

Sounds like she'll be bouncing fit very soon.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
01-04-2009, 03:55 PM   #20

That's wonderful news! More pics would be nice .......