Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
14-10-2009, 06:43 PM   #11

Re: What do your cats meow for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
Angie, can I ask why Pip is still shut in a cage at night?
So we can get a good night's sleep Mags. I need to think about where else he can go at night where he has all the facilities and no cables to chew! He's quite comfy and doesn't seem to mind, but I do agree he is outgrowing his crate. Mind you, having said that, Kizzy is asleep in there atm!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
14-10-2009, 07:37 PM   #12

Dandy my Pura boy had a very funny sounding meow, almost rusty! Little Onyx. once she got over being afraid, was quite a talker... she used to meet me at the bus stop sometimes and walk home with me telling me all about her day! I suspect she might have had some Siamese in her, crosses between Siamese and moggys often produce black kittens.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
14-10-2009, 07:46 PM   #13

Siamese are wonderful talkers, Oliver constantly tells me what he has been up to, and everytime I answer him, he replies........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
16-10-2009, 03:04 PM   #14

What do my cats meaow for????

The hell of it, thats what!!!!

Cats owned: 4 DSH
19-10-2009, 10:17 PM   #15

Well 2 of my cats (madge & peter) always meow, for food, cuddles, whenever they see me! its like they cant stop lol

my other 2 cats (annie apple & JoJo) dont really meow at all they just look at me wen they want food

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
20-10-2009, 11:51 AM   #16

George really only meows when he wants food...or when he doesn't feel like walking up or down the stairs.. and then he will call until you come and carry him either up or down.. (lazy little sod!)
Harri never shuts up... she meows... i answer.. she answers back... and we have a conversation...i have actually timed it and the longest continual back and forth "conversation" was for just under 6 minutes.. she has lots of different meows and she uses all of them during the conversation... now if only i had a feline to human dictionary.. id be able to work out what shes saying!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-10-2009, 04:16 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookyandjo
George really only meows when he wants food...or when he doesn't feel like walking up or down the stairs.. and then he will call until you come and carry him either up or down.. (lazy little sod!)
Harri never shuts up... she meows... i answer.. she answers back... and we have a conversation...i have actually timed it and the longest continual back and forth "conversation" was for just under 6 minutes.. she has lots of different meows and she uses all of them during the conversation... now if only i had a feline to human dictionary.. id be able to work out what shes saying!
Teriffic project for an animal behaviorist, Jo! Some are translatable "out", "now", "I'm here", but 99% mean God knows what! They are so funny when they talk at you like that ...

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2 x DSH, all FIV+
31-10-2009, 08:10 PM   #18

The cat who lives in my parents house only meows for one of three things: food, fuss or wanting to go out.

Pickle meows only when he is hungry.

Tigger meows when she is hungry but she has occasional meowing fits when there is nothing wrong. Unless it is a windy day as she hates the wind as she meows and bounces about everywhere (living up to her name). Silly tortie.