Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
08-01-2010, 05:12 PM   #11

Re: Ffffreezing Friday!

Hi all. Luckily the snow didn't amount to much; when I went to bed at midnight it was snowing heavily, but must have tapered off overnight as we ended up with just over an inch. And when I got up discovered my nice neighbor had shoveled my walk! But still cold -5 (23 F) and wind chill -12! No sun either; I'm sick of this weather, although i's been no where as awful as yours. This is the coldest Winter here since the mid 70s, and more Arctic air here for the weekend,

Janey, sorry you've been poorly, nice to see you back. Alex, oh poor Robert!! Hope OH finally gets the car out, Yola. MrsH, I like that biscuit suggestion!! Angie, that's awful about the missed grocery delivery; we do depend so on them ... Elaine, hope all goes well at parrotland; don't make snowmen!! Kazz, stay safe outside.

Pray for a thaw, stay safe and warm, all.

Catsey Veteran

08-01-2010, 05:16 PM   #12

Angie, what's a dalek?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
08-01-2010, 06:27 PM   #13

Afternoon all, went to work today and popped to Tescos in the morning and got some supplies for us and elderly neighbours. Main road were ok but side roads were not too good.

Home now in the warmth and have no intentions going anywhere this weekend.

Keep warm everybody

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
08-01-2010, 07:14 PM   #14

very snowy here in Preston, no new stuff but we have a lot left over. Our village is terrible to get out of by vehicle. Had to drive to work, it was scary, especialy when you can't stop at a junction, braked in plenty of time but the car just carried on.
angie have you made a snow dalek?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
08-01-2010, 07:55 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Angie, what's a dalek?
LOL! It's Dr. Who's primary adversary (UK sci-fi series which has recently been ressurected but which has been around for 45 years). See below . . .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dalek

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
08-01-2010, 07:58 PM   #16

Car back in the drive Neighbour's car out of our drive and back in HIS drive, roadway shovelled and other cars pushed out onto main road from the side road at the back of ours . . . phew.

More writing to do tonight (wine permitting) and a bit of RnR with the TV. More snow expected tomorrow night

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
08-01-2010, 08:34 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
LOL! It's Dr. Who's primary adversary (UK sci-fi series which has recently been ressurected but which has been around for 45 years). See below . . .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dalek
Thanks Yola!

Daleks were very scary when I was a kid even though they couldn't do stairs!!! They are even scarier now they can!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
08-01-2010, 09:11 PM   #18

Totally had enough of this weather, I'm starting to seriously worry about the outdoor animals. It was -15 here overnight and only got up to -6. The snow is over my wellies in places so it is hard work doing anything and takes ages. Mike went away yesterday morning to Holland and comes back tonight and I am exhausted. I had to do all the animals myself, which isn't usually a problem, but walking is slippy and you have to follow the paths in the snow, The wheel barrow won't push anywhere and you have to do the waters much more often because it is freezing so fast. I'm on my second glass of ginger wine because all the animals are settled for the night, just have to feed the indoor lot at bedtime. Or if Mike is home on time he can do it.

Catsey Veteran

08-01-2010, 09:12 PM   #19

Ah, so! Thanks, Yola!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
08-01-2010, 10:01 PM   #20

I used to love the Daleks, for some reason i didn't find them scary as a child. I used to wish i could meet one
Watching as an adult i do find the cybermen scary though