Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
17-11-2006, 08:03 PM   #231

Re: Very worried about Teddy

Anyway enough of the hijacked thread.

Alex/Fran do you know if a cat can stay on these binders/promax treatment for a long time?? do they hurt the cat at all??? I am just thinking that if Teddie needs these for a few months until she is bigger/stronger do you think it is going to be a problem?? Just curious

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
17-11-2006, 08:09 PM   #232

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaG
Anyway enough of the hijacked thread.

Alex/Fran do you know if a cat can stay on these binders/promax treatment for a long time?? do they hurt the cat at all??? I am just thinking that if Teddie needs these for a few months until she is bigger/stronger do you think it is going to be a problem?? Just curious
All it says on the tube Emma is administer for 3 days or as instructed by your vet. My vet gave me free reign to give Porsha as many days as she needed or to put her back on it if she started again. In all honesty, I didn't need to give more that 3/4 days of it as it worked more or less straight away and then when she had the relapse the other day with the new antibiotics, I gave her a couple of days worth and she was cleared up again. I will always keep some in my animal medicine cupboard from now though as it seems to work well for Porsha

Admin Team

Cats owned: Bengal
Az is Male
17-11-2006, 08:16 PM   #233

Julie, I think you need to look at how you post and how you come across. We are a friendly community site, and if you can't articulate your posts so they do not cause offence then I am afraid you are at the wrong site.

Please think about what you say and how you say it before hitting the submit button.

Otherwise reactions like Dawns post below are completley expected, and we may have to think about asking you to leave. Let's hope it doesn't get to that, as we appreciate that sometimes, it takes people a little while to adjust to how we do things here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderdawn
Can anyone smell a Troll??!!

I would think perhaps you have come to the wrong forum Julie, we all love our Cats Julie and are willing to help them in any way we can, we may not always agree but its the one thing that binds ALL the members on here. You have made your point clear, but unless you are a qualified Vet and have seen the history of "Teddie" then YOU cannot tell people their case is hopeless. If this Cat were ill in itself, not wanting to do anything, refusing to eat, being sick all the time, then I am sure things WOULD look different, but that simply isnt the caes, its not black and white and Alex WILL find the cause and the cure for her Cat.
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
17-11-2006, 08:52 PM   #234

Just to let you know that madam has tucked into a small bowl of steamed cod. I went to buy some coley fish at asda but they had none left, so it cost me £3.18 for a little bit of cod. Her tummy better tolerate it, lol. SHe has been climbing all over me in the kitchen and playing with her stick and feather toy. Much happier having had some food, poor baby.

Fran, what antibiotics did your vet prescribe for Porsha as I'd like to ask my vet about it? x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
17-11-2006, 08:56 PM   #235

If (when?) she does well on fish you can actually buy blocks of frozen minced raw white fish for pets. Steam or poach, break it up et voila!
Or get frozen coley or hake or 'white fish fillets'.
I've always got some in the freezer, for poorly pets - and cheaper than £3.18 - precious little princess

Catsey Veteran

17-11-2006, 09:01 PM   #236

She is my precious princess DM! I would do anything for that little kit now (does anyone want to buy my firstborn, lol)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
17-11-2006, 09:05 PM   #237

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgirl73
She is my precious princess DM! I would do anything for that little kit now (does anyone want to buy my firstborn, lol)
lol only if he/she is fury

Catsey Veteran

17-11-2006, 09:06 PM   #238

Well, she does have a lot of hair, but unfortunately it's only on her head, lol. On second thoughts, you'd soon send her back anyway!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
17-11-2006, 09:22 PM   #239

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgirl73
Fran, what antibiotics did your vet prescribe for Porsha as I'd like to ask my vet about it? x
Sorry I haven't replied sooner, I have just been eating my crispy aromatic duck whilst watching Pudsey Bear
The ones that seemed to settle her Giardia infection are called Baytril and she is still on these until next week. Prior to these the vet tried several others including Metronidazole which is supposed to treat Giardia too but these actually made her diarrhoea worse she is now on Antirobe as well for the rhinitis. Poor girl is rattling
I think it's a trial and error thing really..

Catsey Veteran

17-11-2006, 09:24 PM   #240

Poor Porsha. At least she is on the mend now, and hopefully these ones will clear up the rhinitis quickly.