Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
18-11-2006, 05:39 PM   #251

Re: Very worried about Teddy

Sammy! It's so good to hear you say this. It was my theory (but only a theory) way back in post 172/174/176(! !), so I'm really, really, pleased for Alex that you can confirm that it has worked for you, in post 250!
What a lot of guardian angels little Teddie has

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 3 moggies
18-11-2006, 06:37 PM   #252

No problem. After all the kindness you've all shown me this last terrible week, the least I can do is try and give some help back!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
18-11-2006, 06:39 PM   #253

Catching back up, fell asleep very early last night - shattered!

Really glad to read Teddie took to the fish well, hope its on the up now....((((((hugs))))) x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
18-11-2006, 06:45 PM   #254

Sandy you are a god send! Hopfully now Alex can get Teddie on the right track.....and the little girl can start to recover...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
18-11-2006, 07:07 PM   #255

Been catching up on this thread from the last couple of days - hopes building, then crashing, then up a bit then, down more then up again!

Hoping the steamed cod is working. This is what I always use - I buy the cheaper frozen blocks for my cats that are a lot cheaper than the fresh. Cook in microwave in a few minutes and voila!!

I thought right from the beginning that a basic boiled fish/chicken diet is the way forward and any other herbal or vetinary assistance as needed for vitamins etc.

Hoping Teddie is tucking into a nice bowl of steamed cod as I type for her dinner x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
18-11-2006, 07:23 PM   #256

Sammy thank you so much for sharing your experience! I'm sure Alex is going to take big comfort and hope for Teddie from your post x

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Moggies
18-11-2006, 07:53 PM   #257

Fingers crossed the diet and paste works to help her get over whatever this is.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
18-11-2006, 08:13 PM   #258

Seems very very promising hope all is still staying down so to speak.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
18-11-2006, 08:16 PM   #259

Happy, happy me after reading sammys post! Thank you so much for that sammy, it is so encouraging to read that someone else has gone through this and that they and their cat came through it. Can I ask whether you gave your cat any supplements along with the fish and chicken as I've been told they don't have enough nutritional value on their own. Donna, I can confirm that Teddie was indeed enjoying a lovely bowl of cod as you were typing (I checked the time of your post, lol). She went to the litter tray about 20 mins ago and did a tiny litle poo, but it wasn't liquid which was the main thing. It had some shape to it and was much darker in colour than the pale mustard we had been getting. If she continues in this vein then I shall scrap my idea of trying her on the proplan next week and leave her on the invalid diet for a few months. Please don't think me being over sentimental when I say that all of you on here mean the absolute world to me now, as there is no way I could have got this far without the backing and support and kindness of you all. ((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
18-11-2006, 08:16 PM   #260

Sounds good again Alex, Sammy thanks for your story, it will help Alex no end.
Dawn.