Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
20-11-2006, 07:56 PM   #281

Re: Very worried about Teddy

I can't tell you what to do but I could say if I were in your situation I think I would not treat Cooperr Broxi (as all cats often get the runs) the point is you are so stressed and concerned you go into "worry" mode straight off which is more than understandable.
Why not leave Teddie on the fish diet and carry on as you are at the moment - swopping and changing as you say and treatingthe other two and Teddie for an illness that is not confirmed, why not ask your vet do you have to start the treatment straight away or can you wait til the results come back confirming or denying Gardia? Then go from there but I would think if Teddie isgetting on better as she is she would be stronger after a little "building up"

But I agree with you it is so confusing.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
20-11-2006, 08:12 PM   #282

She's done another poo, which was rather runny this time!! I'm beginning to think this kit is doing it to me deliberately and is enjoying seeing me suffer. I've decided to go in to the vets tomorrow and get them all weighed and tell him about Frans experience with Porsha, and ask whether he thinks trying Panacur or Baytril would be a better idea as I'm not keen on the side effects I've heard about with metronidazole, but will go with whatever he suggests.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
20-11-2006, 09:33 PM   #283

Alex ~ Just to clarify (I'm sure you already know) but panacur is for endoparasite control to treat worms (& other things like giardia) & baytril is an antibiotic.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
20-11-2006, 09:44 PM   #284

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgley
Alex ~ Just to clarify (I'm sure you already know) but panacur is for endoparasite control to treat worms (& other things like giardia) & baytril is an antibiotic.
Smudgley is quite correct. Metronidazole is also an antibiotic...

Catsey Veteran

20-11-2006, 11:52 PM   #285

So what would be the best thing for them to have? the panacur or the antibiotic?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
21-11-2006, 12:03 AM   #286

How old is Teddie now Alex??

Catsey Veteran

21-11-2006, 12:06 AM   #287

She's 18 weeks now Moli.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
21-11-2006, 12:09 AM   #288

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgirl73
So what would be the best thing for them to have? the panacur or the antibiotic?
The vet needs to decide that really.
But if all the faeces samples have come back negative & the pro-biotic isn't working, then somethings not right. Maybe poor Teddie-girl needs to go onto a course of antibiotics to try & sort her out.
Panacur will treat any internal parasites including giardia but panacur can sometimes cause diarrhoea so you are back to square one.
I'm sorry I can't be of any more help. Wish I could. Give that cute little Teddie-girl a kiss from me anyway.

Catsey Veteran

21-11-2006, 12:13 AM   #289

Teddie duly kissed (as she's sitting on my knees as usual), I think it's probably best to put them all on the antibiotics then, as it will clear anything that is causing a problem, and whats the worst that could happen (except for cleaning up 3 lots of diarrhea for the next 3 weeks).

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
21-11-2006, 10:35 AM   #290

Good luck with whatever regime you decide Alex. And more cuddles for your babies!