Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
07-05-2008, 09:22 PM   #21

Re: Changing vets

Honestly if you could only make them understand. I was telling the vet, funny how your cats turn out isnt it. Take Winston, had him and his brother Mutley from 6 weeks of age and they both trusted me implicitly, I could do anything to them or with them, groom them, brush their teeth, clip their claws, wash them pill them, anything, and with out a whimper or a blink of an eye.
Eva, same thing had her from 6 weeks of age, did exactly the same stuff with her as i had done with Winston and Mutley and look where its got me
She really clawed hell out of the vets hands, I felt so sorry for him.
Bernies turn tomorrow coz his claws are black and he's a wriggler, I'm always scared coz i cannt see the quick. Think I'll take them a box of choccies on behalf of the Diva.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
07-05-2008, 09:38 PM   #22

The choccies sound like an ace idea! Poor vet - poor Elaine - poor Eva and poor Bernie tomorrow. Clean bill of health is good for all concerned. It could be a foot thing. I can't go near my OH's feet either!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
07-05-2008, 09:44 PM   #23

Thank God it's over! Poor Eva, poor vet, poor you! She does have a thing about her feet being touched, doesn't she; and she's so strong-willed....

Yes, a good stiff drink, and the chocolates are a good idea.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
08-05-2008, 07:34 AM   #24

aww poor baby,at least her claws are done now.
Hope it goes well with Bernie today

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
08-05-2008, 04:29 PM   #25

Well, I think I am in love with my new vet, he's really really nice, friendly, informative, easy to talk to, patient and listens.
Went there with Bernie this afternoon, brought him a box a choccies to say sorry that Eva had slashed him. He said it was his fault not hers and went on to ask how she was feeling today. He said her weight is NOT a big issue because she IS a big cat but said she may feel a little more comfortable if i could possibly get her down to around 6 kilos. He said that last vets recomendation of 4.5 kilos was nonsense. He also recomended that i add some water to both cats wet food, he said this because they also eat dry and that combined with Eva having had cystitis, that it would be a good idea. We then went on to talk about raw feeding, he wasnt a big fan but understood where i was coming from and just said for me to be very carefull and give it more thought.
All the while he was fussing Bernie, clipped his claws, took his weight, which is 4.5 kilos, same as last year. He checked him over and took a look at his teeth. Last vet said Bernie had a fair amount of tartar and would need a dental this year. New vet said that the tartar wasnt bad at all but that he does have a slight case of gingivitis. He said not to worry too much, gave me some Hill's TD to add to his food and we then went on to discuss things that would/could help with his gingivitis.
We spoke about Winston and also of my plans to get Mutley into the house as peacefully as we can. We talked about Feline CRF and the use of slippery elm bark, he told me about a course he had done on geriatric cats and that he had met a lady who had several cats at the age of 32 .
So, a big thankyou to Emma for recomending this vet to me, I feel like have always been there. Every one is extremely open and friendly and i would recomend this vet to every one in my area.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
08-05-2008, 05:15 PM   #26

Elaine said " ......he told me about a course he had done on geriatric cats and that he had met a lady who had several cats at the age of 32."

I don't think my OH would care for a move to Aberdeen just because you've found a vet who is interested in geriatric cats! 32???? Merlin could have another 10 years of life!!!

He sounds like a gem Elaine! I wish you future happiness together (professionally, that is!)

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
08-05-2008, 06:25 PM   #27

Sounds like you've found a good one there Elaine....... you never know, Eva may get to like him!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
08-05-2008, 08:19 PM   #28

Lucky you' he sounds like a real gem indeed! Wish you could clone him and send him to me!