Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
09-05-2008, 05:59 PM   #21

Re: not so good news

thank you all. some good news but i'm a bit nervous too. the vet says her bloodwork says her liver enzymes are up but at a normal amount for her age. however, she has hypothyroidism which is contributing to the weight loss. i have scheduled her to have the infected tooth removed monday morning..while she is under sedation, the doctor will palpate for a growth on the thyroid..if there is one, i have given the go ahead to remove it since she said med therapy would only go so far and all systems and organs would start shutting down if there is one present like she suspects.
cuddles is very talkative today. couldn't get her to eat well then realized i had some chicken baby food in the cupboard. i mixed it up and she ate most of it!!! i'm off to the store to stock up on some more..at least she will have SOMETHING in her stomach!
i just hope all goes smoothly on monday..maybe there won't even be a growth and i'll just need to start her on thyroid meds and it'll just be the tooth removal? that'd be the best case scenario. but i'll be relieved to have a growth removed if that really is causing all the trouble.
sorry to ask for vibes again but she may need them monday morning...also, let's hope she at least keeps eating the baby food up!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
09-05-2008, 06:06 PM   #22

Tink, you are doing your very best for Cuddles and that's all anyone can ask...

Buckets full of good vibes are on their way across the Pond to Cuddles...(((hugs)))x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
09-05-2008, 06:21 PM   #23

thanx mags, i feel so hesitant to give the go ahead to take out a growth if there is one but she assured me she should pull through by what her bloodwork shows...just so touchy with one this age, you know?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
09-05-2008, 06:34 PM   #24

Heaps of good vibes coming for Cuddles.....Hugs to you too...xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
09-05-2008, 08:12 PM   #25

Truckload of good vibes for Cuddles, and hugs for you! Hope she keeps eating, that's so important; baby food was a good idea. Hang in there, you're doing all you can.........and you know we all are thinking of you!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
09-05-2008, 08:15 PM   #26

May the Great Cat look with affection on Cuddles and you too Tink. Vibes aplenty coming over - Merlin has been saying his best healing spells today!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
09-05-2008, 09:13 PM   #27

Cuddles is very lucky to be with someone who cares so much for her You will do what is best for her Tink I have no doubt in that.

Millions and millions of healing vibes coming your way and big stay strong vibes for you too XXX