Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggie monsters (1 with Wings)
10-05-2008, 12:30 PM   #21

Re: Bladder problems again, advice please

Ravens home! and he is extremely happy to be, i can tell you that! we went to collect him yesterday afternoon and as soon as the vet brought him into the room he was rubbing against his carrier and then our fingers and crying at us bless him and hes been very cuddly and attached since getting home.

we were told all is fine at the moment. he had done a wee on his own yesterday and he woke us this morning digging the carpet in the hall so we got up to check and sure enough he had done a nice big wee out there next step now is getting him to use the tray again but aslong as hes going for the next few days i dont care where he goes!

we need to bring him back early next week to make sure all is still ok and they have said they will want to test his urine in about 6 weeks time to make sure everything is ok with that. they tried him with the waltham food and we were told he wouldnt touch it-i actually dont think he had eaten the whole time he was at the vets because not long after getting home we locked the others away to try him with the other food they gave and he was eating it while it was pouring out the bag into the dish he wolfed it all done. they gave us hills c/d and although he wolfed the first lot down hes not so keen now. they gave wet and dry for us to try and he ate about 1/2 a wet pouch before giving up, and even that looked forced. this mornings dry food he done the same, ate half and only ate the rest because i hand fed it to him so i can see this isnt going to be easy, he wants his burns food lol

so right now he is back to his normal self, though a little bit more lovey for the moment hehe i am sooooo happy to have him home, i nearly cried in the vets when i seen him

so thanks again everyone for all your help and encouragement and well wishes-i shall definately get photos of him today now and post them up so you can see who has been causing all this worry!

i did have a problem at the vets with my insurance but i shall start a new thread for that before this gets too confusing lol big thanks again from me and Raven!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
10-05-2008, 12:37 PM   #22

Great news that he's home and weeing again, fingers crossed that there are no more problems and he passes his check-up easily next week.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
10-05-2008, 12:51 PM   #23

Brilliant news that Raven is home and all appears well with him..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
10-05-2008, 12:58 PM   #24

Aww bless Raven, glad to hear he is home again and fingers crossed he will be fine for a long time to come xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
10-05-2008, 07:55 PM   #25

Hi JB - such good news that Raven is safely home. Do try to encourage him to eat his prescription food and to drink water if at all possible. Any way you can get him to take water will help him enormously.

Healing vibes still being sent by Merlin and me and ***HUGS*** to you and your family. Let us know how he gets on. Oh, and looking forward to those photos!!!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggie monsters (1 with Wings)
11-05-2008, 08:18 PM   #26

Thankyou everyone yet again! i will be taking photos of all the boys shortly because we are having a mini birthday tea for Hernie who turns one today they are getting a few prawns and a little cream which i thought would be ok for Raven too aslong as he doesnt have too much of either so hope im right.

Raven has been eating his dry food ok now, the last two feeds he has eaten by himself though just lately he had started to take a while eating his food anyway, he tends to have some then wonder around then go back to it bless him.

he is definately drinking too, a fair amount but the only thing worrying me is i havent seen him have a wee today. he hasnt been on the carpet as obviously we would know so unless he has gone in the tray at some point then he hasnt gone im trying not to worry too much incase im just being paranoid but im going to keep a close eye on him this evening. hes not straining or washing himself though so thats good signs i think.

at present he is sat next to me kneading my stomach and purring away he has been extremely lovey and clingy since coming home, im definately not complaining though! photos will be put up tonight or tomorrrow and as soon as hes had his check up(and been for a wee lol) i shall update. thankyou again everyone, especially AngieH-Raven says hi to Merlin!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
11-05-2008, 11:00 PM   #27

Hi JB - thanks for the thanks! and Merlin says Hi back to Raven. We both hope all goes well with his checkup. I'm sure you'll let us know. Fingers (and toes) crossed.