Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
29-10-2009, 07:13 AM   #21

Re: Need moral support (ferret related)

Update:
I don't have a vaporizer so someone suggested to me to run the shower on hot in the bathroom and hold them in there to clear their sinuses. I started off with Baby Bear and he did well and I was able to clean his nose up with a washcloth.
Annie PLAYED tonight! I ended up steaming her too and she took a nap and when she woke up she was wild!
Lainey played just for a few seconds here and there but I can't *hear* her breathing anymore which is a good thing. Her Pred dose has been cut down to 1/2 of what it was over the weekend. I do think it's helping.
Baby Bear has a wicked side to him today. He's determined to run in non ferret zones of the house and get underfoot. On the other hand, he looks miserable with his eyes half open and often falls asleep wherever he is so I don't know how to interpret that.
Monkey is the worst now (they're all taking turns being the worst-ack!). He is gaping and only breathing through his mouth. I tried to steam him in the bathroom but it was hard to get him in there for a good amount of time b/c once the mucous started loosening up he'd freak out and want to stand on my head. I might have to just cage him in there for a longer period tonight. I know how uncomfortable it is to only breathe out of your mouth and how it makes your throat sore so that is concerning to me.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
29-10-2009, 01:18 PM   #22

Sounds as if the steam is helping them Tink. I do hope that you are getting over the worst of it. Poor little darlings - it's bad enough for people, let alone small creatures with small nasal passages.

Heaps of healing vibes heading over the seas from me, Kizzy and Pip.

Catsey Veteran

29-10-2009, 03:15 PM   #23

Well, I've been up most of the night with them.
Baby Bear and Monkey's eyes sealed shut after their last nap because of the mucuous that is coming out.
The girls are doing pretty well.
The boys are in the thick of it. They don't even want soup.
I steamed Monkey again and he still is breathing with his mouth open.
Baby Bear gets very crazy if I leave the room just to use the restroom, he runs like mad to go with me wherever I'm going.
The boys only want baby food. I'm going to oblige till I run out and if they are still not eating well then I'll have to force feed the homemade soup to them which I have an abundance of.
I can't wait for everyone to be better.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
29-10-2009, 04:00 PM   #24

Glad the girls are better and that the steaming helped; hope the boys perk up soon as the worst of it passes, hopefully. Healing vibes coming here also; (((hugs))) Thanks for the update.

Catsey Veteran

30-10-2009, 12:03 AM   #25

Well I woke up from a nap and Baby Bear was pressed close against me. I got up and come to find out his eyes were sealed shut again. Before I could grab him, my heart ached as I watched him stumble and bump into things so he could go potty in the right place Bothers me because Baby Bear is already deaf, must be distressing to not see.
Haven't seen Monkey in awhile, he must be hiding. Hope his eyes aren't sealed shut too.
Gonna go look for him in awhile.
Annie and Lainey seem on the upswing.
Have a call in to Dr. Monroe again to talk about the eyes...

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
30-10-2009, 12:07 AM   #26

Loads of healing vibes for Baby Bear and Monkey, I do hope they start to improve very soon Tink......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
30-10-2009, 12:09 AM   #27

Healing vibes from me too Tink.....Hope they all start ot improve soon..........

Catsey Veteran

30-10-2009, 12:10 AM   #28

Dr. Monroe prescribed Neobac for their eyes. Now I need to find a ride there. This is a sucky time to not have transportation. I want to cry.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
30-10-2009, 12:11 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink
Dr. Monroe prescribed Neobac for their eyes. Now I need to find a ride there. This is a sucky time to not have transportation. I want to cry.
Stay strong Tink, you are doing your very best under the circumstances ...((((hugs))))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
30-10-2009, 12:13 AM   #30

Hope you manage to get a rid Tink, as Mags says you are strong you will get there...Hugs from me too.........