Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Mixed tortoishell
03-03-2009, 01:02 PM   #21

Re: Fat Cat

Hello Everyone, Am Still Trying To Get Poppy's Photo Uploaded To You, Can't Seem To Get On With Photobucket Is There An E-mail Address I Can Use To Get Her Photo On To You? Sorry About This Delay. Serena

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
03-03-2009, 01:37 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena
Hello Everyone, Am Still Trying To Get Poppy's Photo Uploaded To You, Can't Seem To Get On With Photobucket Is There An E-mail Address I Can Use To Get Her Photo On To You? Sorry About This Delay. Serena
I've PMd you...

Catsey Junior

03-03-2009, 10:57 PM   #23

photo of poppy online now thanks to mags help Poppy is still a bit podgy need advice on how to get her weight down she usually has a small amount of cat biscuits and packets of cat food during the day plus water to drink I am not sure of the kilograms but I weighed her with me on the scales and i think she is just under a stone in weight she is about 5 years old (we adopted her as a stray from our vet.) very active when she wants to play but "waddles" a little when she walks otherwise a very talkative and loving cat

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Mackerel Tabby, Tabby & White
05-03-2009, 07:24 PM   #24

Hi there! I'm new too, from the US

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
05-03-2009, 11:12 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena
photo of poppy online now thanks to mags help Poppy is still a bit podgy need advice on how to get her weight down she usually has a small amount of cat biscuits and packets of cat food during the day plus water to drink I am not sure of the kilograms but I weighed her with me on the scales and i think she is just under a stone in weight she is about 5 years old (we adopted her as a stray from our vet.) very active when she wants to play but "waddles" a little when she walks otherwise a very talkative and loving cat
I make that aprox 6 kilos. What buscuits does she eat? Laser pens are good for getting a cat to get active, just be careful not to over do it.

Catsey Junior

08-03-2009, 12:54 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklizzy
Hi Serena, Welcome to Catsey!
I run pet weight-watchers at our vet practice so if you need any diet tips, feel free to PM me and I'll try to help!
p.s-we need to see some photos of Poppy
Poppy's photo is online now, thanks to mags i got into a bit of trouble trying to get Poppy's photo on. She is (I think) 6kg in weight, and is getting too big for my liking. She has packets of Tesco premium cuts in gravy, or Purina One Natural Balance packet or Tesco cat tins plus Tesco Premium biscuits I try to feed her on one or the other, she does have some exercise, but doesn't seem to like going out a lot, I think when she was with a prevous owner they didn't let her out a lot (poss living in a flat) I am trying to get her used to the garden we have using a bit of string round her collar to prevent her going too far. We also make sure she has a game or two to play to exercise her in that way, would appreciate some advice on how to feed her to get her weight down. Thanks for your help Serena

Catsey Junior

14-03-2009, 11:48 AM   #27

Poppy eats Tescos packets of biscuits, we have been to a warehouse Pets are Us (I think that was the name) and they have a low protein pack I am going to try. Poppy stills eats and lot but has been out in the garden, (on a string attached to her collar till she gets used to the large garden) Having fun going behind the trees and getting muddy! Serena

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
14-03-2009, 01:00 PM   #28

Be careful when dieting a cat on your own, cats are obligate carnivours and need a high level of protein in their diets.
As with humans, little and often combined with regular excercise is the key.

Catsey Junior

15-03-2009, 09:32 PM   #29

thanks Elaine will try that hopefully she will get her weight down, she weighs a ton!