Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
27-12-2005, 11:07 PM   #21

Re: Smudgley kitten pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna
Do you know how old they are Smudgley?
We think they came to us at just over 5 weeks and are now about 8 weeks.
They had never seen a sole & had been living under a fir tree in someones garden. As soon as the people realised the kittens were there they contacted us, the ginger one was caught 1st - but the lady who went to get them couldn't catch the others, I couldn't stand the thought of them out at night in the cold when I had got Mr Ginger here on a snuggle pad, so me & hubby went & got them. Mom was friendly - but very thin - I took her off them straight away - too young I know but you have to weigh up the positives & negatives in these situations - & they could all feed on their own, they could go to the toilet on their own, so I figured they would gain nothing more from being with mommy & hard as it was I seperated them, she had protected them for 5 weeks - kept them warm & fed them to the point where they had drained her dry - she gave every last scrap of goodness to those little babies. She is now much better & has put on weight & Fran has kindly donated her a pink princess collar & toy to go to her new home with. She has been someones pet - she is so friendly, wish I knew her background - we called her Holly as it's near Christmas.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
27-12-2005, 11:10 PM   #22

Maybe someone will take Mom and the stroppy black kitten together then he wil follow Mom in being friendly. I think thats what I may do when the time is right a Mom and kitten or two.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
27-12-2005, 11:11 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgley
We think they came to us at just over 5 weeks and are now about 8 weeks.
They had never seen a sole & had been living under a fir tree in someones garden. As soon as the people realsed the kittens were there they contacted us, the ginger one was caught 1st - but the lady who went to get them couldn't catch the others, I couldn't stand the thought of them out at night in the cold when I had got Mr Ginger here on a snuggle pad, so me & hubby went & got them. Mom was friendly - but very thin - I took her off them straight away - too young I know but you have to weigh up the positives & negatives in these situations - & they could all feed on their own, they could go to the toilet on their own, so I figured they would gain nothing more from being with mommy & hard as it was I seperated them, she had protected them for 5 weeks - kept them warm & fed them to the point where they had drained her dry - she gave every last scrap of goodness to those little babies. She is now much better & has put on weight & Fran has kindly donated her a pink princess collar & toy to go to her new home with. She has been someones pet - she is so friendly, wish I knew her background - we called her Holly as it's near Christmas.
Its heart warming knowing there are people like you. I dont do anything. Feel I should help out somewhere. All those kitties that need caring for.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
27-12-2005, 11:12 PM   #24

I do nothing either Donna

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll & Moggy
27-12-2005, 11:13 PM   #25

Winston thats him to a T

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
27-12-2005, 11:14 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
No, me neither

Catsey Veteran

27-12-2005, 11:16 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Kazz - how can you say you do nothing to help rescue cats - you have made a HUGE donation to the cat rescue charity I'm involved with & you are making a special journey to my house with lots of stuff that you are donating to the charity shop AND you are giving me some food for my babies. I think it's fair to say you do an awful lot for cat rescue mate

And if I'm not mistaken you will probably be hot footing back to Brum with a grumpy black kitten in your pocket

Catsey Veteran

27-12-2005, 11:24 PM   #28

The funny thing was when me & J were trying to catch them, we were not worried about them scratching us at all - the adrenalin rush is crazy - you just know you have maybe only got 1 chance - if they get spooked & do a runner, it would be twice as hard the next time.
We got the B & W one 1st - J picked him up & popped him in the basket.
Next was blacky & J picked him up & handed him to me & I popped him in the basket - he was grumpy, but Tabby gave us a bit of a hard time - eventually I grabbed him & he sunk his teeth into me & would not let go - his little eyes were saying "put me down right now" I said - "sorry Mr - you're coming with me"
*you may think they can't do much damage at that age - but those needle claws & crocodile teeth draw blood every time!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
27-12-2005, 11:33 PM   #29

Ooh you need danger money for that Smudgley!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
27-12-2005, 11:40 PM   #30

Its not the bites/claws that bother me too much, but afterwards they itch and sting SO MUCH!!!

Slight allergy methinks!