Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
06-01-2008, 07:59 PM   #21

Re: bubbles pregnent ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderdawn
Not only that, an 18mth old male too!! Thats why I asked if the others were neutered.
Oh, I see. You're a step ahead of me Dawn!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
06-01-2008, 08:08 PM   #22

I was going to ask about the 18month male but I guess the answer will be no. Lets face it if a female isn't spayed at 4 what are the chances of the little boy being neutered?

Cats owned: 3 domestic shorthairs
06-01-2008, 08:45 PM   #23

for all of your information the 18 month old is neutered we took him in 6 months ago and he was already done and just for anyones information the 6 year old is spayed we took her in at the same time if anyone wants to know why they were rehomed then let me tell you I took them in because they were not wanted and had been dumped on a nieghbour of mine that does not like cats
as i have said before because she was a house cat i never thought about it and when the others came to live with us they had already been done so did'nt see that i needed to worries about it right away as she never came in to contact with any other cats
i respect your opions but i don't like being made out to not care about my animals she got pregent totally by accident and will be spayed when babies are old enough
this is the last you will here from me and about my cats as i will be leaving this site tonight as i came on here to find some friends and some support not i have to keep explaining myself
goodbye

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
06-01-2008, 08:49 PM   #24

I'm sorry you feel that way Trudge. Please don't leave or take offence. We are all individuals with our own opinions and this forum is a place to voice them.

I, for one, have had an accidental litter of kittens and am therefore in no position to judge anyone.

I think you have now explained yourself very well

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Worlds No 1 Moggy and 2 Selkirk Rex
06-01-2008, 08:53 PM   #25

Trudge it's an unfortunate thing with online forums that people can jump to conclusions and can seem judgemental whether that be intentional or not Not everyone is skilled in being able to express an opinion without causing offence.

I hope the pregnancy goes safely and you can then get her speyed as you had originally planned. I would get a second opinion though on the kittening date so you can be fully prepared when they come - good luck.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
06-01-2008, 08:59 PM   #26

Trudge, part of the problem with forums is that if a situation isnt presented with all the facts, people will ask questions in order to know exactly what the position is.
I dont think for a moment that you dont CARE about your cats.
We also CARE about your cats which is why we ask so many questions.

Admin Team

Cats owned: Bengal
Az is Male
07-01-2008, 01:08 AM   #27

I think there were a couple of replies that went a bit too far in the assumption stakes, and I can totally understand Trudge being peed off. (And I'm sure she can see that people would naturally be a little miffed at an accidental mating taking place at all in the first place - as it's our duties as owners to _make sure_ these things don't happen).

As I have said many times before, I know people have strong opinions about accidental matings/carefree attitude toward breeding/byb/cross-breeding/etc/etc/etc but when you want to put your opinion across make sure you get ALL the facts first so you don't make yourself look like some have in this thread (quick to judge/bitchy/harsh/nasty).

Cats owned: 3 domestic shorthairs
07-01-2008, 01:53 AM   #28

thanks for that AZ i will hang around for a bit longer to see how things go and yes i will keep you informed of how bubbles goes on i'n not to worry if she has them sooner rather than later cos as soon as i found out i went and brought everything i could think of that myself and bubbles might need she has A box in the front room behind the sofa ( as the woman at the pet shop said she would prob like to be somewhere out of site of people and quite i am now keeping here in the front room by day so as she can't get out and the other two are not allowed in there they have the rest of the house
so hopefully no matter when we are prepared for this if anyone can think of anything that i might of forgotten please let me know

she has

a box with nice soft vet bed in it
and plenty of spare vet bed
we have also been and brought kitten feeding equipment just in case
kitten food ( dry & wet ) - should i be letting bubbles have some of this
kitten milks
toys for when they are older
wormer and flea treatments for when they are old enough
can anyone think of anything else

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Ragdoll, BSH & Maine Coons
07-01-2008, 09:27 AM   #29

Hi Trudge
The chances are Bubbles will get on with having her kittens peacefully and without problems but being on hand is never a bad thing.
It is a good thing to let bubbles eat kitten food and kitten biscuits as she will get a lot more nutrients from them than adult cat food which in turn will help when she is feeding the babies. I wouldn't give her kitten milk if she is not used to it right now as it could leave her open to the runs but if you feel she does need it try diluting it down to one part milk and four parts water that way it is less concentrated.
You say you have bought a kitten feeding kit and kitten milk is it the kitten milk you can buy in supermarkets? This sort of milk isn't sufficient for feeding newborn kittens if for any reason mum can't feed them. The best thing I have found to use is Cimicat but that is only available at the vets or large pet stores I believe. Try not to jump in too quickly with the hand feeding though as sometimes it just takes a while for instinct to kick in.
I would put her some newspaper under her vet bed as cats like to scratch things up before they give birth when they are nesting.
I think you are well prepared and covered for all eventualities so try not to worry. Just sit back and wait and Bubbles will do the rest. The chances are she will nip off sneakily and have her kittens when you least expect it and when you find her she will be accompanied by her new little family.
Keep us posted and look forward to seeing the pics and finding out how she does.

Sarah
x

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: DSH
07-01-2008, 09:30 AM   #30

I am sorry you have felt picked on - do stick around !