Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
21-06-2010, 04:59 PM   #21

Re: Stray cat - "Squiffy"

How sad, but a good way to go ... home in his own bed. RIP, Joe.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
21-06-2010, 05:18 PM   #22

What a shame about Joe.

Good idea about the stronghold there Angie. I would give the CP a ring tell them you have a stray entire Tom and could they get him neutured for you?

I think he is a stayer.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
21-06-2010, 06:26 PM   #23

RIP dear old Joe but seems that Squiffy has got his paws under the table at yours

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
21-06-2010, 07:02 PM   #24

Sorry to hear about Joe.

When I had the three cats setting up home in our coal shed I contacted CP to tell them I had an entire male and two entire females. Said I was willing to feed, look after and vet care them for their lives. They gave me neutering vouchers for all three which was great of them.

Good luck with the stronghold.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
21-06-2010, 09:09 PM   #25

Just to update - Stronghold administered this evening with very little problem. Squiffy was so hungry that he concentrated on his food and I just applied it to the back of his neck.

He has little lumps all over the place, so may have a flea or other allergy I suspect.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
21-06-2010, 09:46 PM   #26

Poor guy. Glad you got the Stronghold on him. If he has an owner, he's received very poor care, obviously. I do hope you'll be able to adopt him!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
21-06-2010, 10:25 PM   #27

Well hopefully the strong hold should work well and you should as he is now receiving regular food.... get condition back. The good thing is its summer and by the time the winter comes he will have a good enough body condition to survive and he could well be in front of your fire too Angie by the sounds of it.

Give the CP a ring I am sure they will have him neutured for you which will help everything he won't be tempted to roam and will not get into fights which in themselves increase the risk to infection to him.

Catsey Veteran

23-06-2010, 08:37 PM   #28

I mentioned Squiffy to the vet when I went in this afternoon with Kizzy.

They have put his details on their Found site and I have emailed them his photo.

The vet advised that if possible I should try and get him to them so they can scan for a possible chip and see how his general health is. They said they keep strays for a week - but did not say what happened after that.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
24-06-2010, 06:55 AM   #29

I found that the MyMoggy website was excellent for listing lost & founds Angie. Just in case Squiffy has an owner somewhere you could list him as found. I'm sure the vet will not charge you for a chip scan & will give you extra peace of mind as I think you and Squiffy are falling in love

Catsey Veteran

24-06-2010, 03:15 PM   #30

PP - thanks for that. I'll look at their website.

As to falling in love - he certainly is an endearing character. I would not even think about keeping him if he did not already seem to get on with my two or if he weren't neutered. But I'd be happy if I can go ahead and get him "seen to" to become responsible for him even if he still wants a nomadic lifestyle. He'd always have somewhere to come for food and warmth when the weather turns.

Edited to say: I have put his details on MyMoggy. It's a way out of their usual area though. Shame it's not more widely used.