Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 5 moggies
04-08-2007, 08:43 PM   #21

Re: Pet Shop Kitties

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucySiamese
They have been reported before, and they have since moved to a bigger shop next door! i havent been in theire since, they sell cheap out or date food too!
well I would report them again if there were any signs of animal cruelty and also inform Trading Standards about the out of date food!

Almost a Veteran Member

04-08-2007, 08:44 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber
Well I took a trip down to the pet shop with her - if you can call it a pet shop they seemed to be selling all kinds of bits and pieces, not just pet stuff but anyhow that's irrelevant.

I phoned the RSPCA just to inform them that I had heard of a pet shop selling kittens at 5 weeks of age and they seemed very interested. I told them I didn't have all of the info at the moment but I would do by the afternoon so would give them a call back.

I don't know if they'd had a tip-off from somewhere, because I couldn't find any evidence of kittens being sold at that place but he was selling rats and hamsters which to me seemed very overcrowded and quite dirty. I asked the guy whether he had any kittens for sale - pretending to be a totally dippy woman looking for a cute little kitten but he said that he hadn't had any for a good year or so.

I called the RSPCA back anyway due to the rats and hamster situation and they said they would investigate further - it's really frustrating
sounds really dodgy - the RSPCA will look into it from now though - you did the best thing - poor kittens what a horrible start to life.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Domestic Shorthairs & Longhair
04-08-2007, 10:21 PM   #23

Thanks Emm, I feel a bit better for reporting them - I just hope the RSPCA do the right thing about them! I can't help but wonder where those poor babies are now though

Almost a Veteran Member

05-08-2007, 08:52 AM   #24

the RSPCA will do the right thing here - I'm not normally a fan of them but when it comes to this they do a good job. The guy has probably sold all the other kittens - unfortubnately it was probably impulse buys for most folks - hopefully they will keep him.

I got my Lao Tzu from a pet shop - he was only 4 weeks old and riddled with fleas - so the guy took £5 off the price for him. It was a total impulse buy - but 10 years later he is still with me. He has cost an absolute fortune with vets though because he had so many health problems as a young cat - he is now incredibly healthy. I know I shouldn't havve bought him - but I couldn't leave him there either.

I used to know some-one who worked for a large chain of Pet shops - you know the one - and they said the animals were treated appallingly they eventually left because of it - real horror stories. I wish I could afford to open my own pet shop - that doesn't sell animals - maybe one day.......