Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
19-05-2009, 09:46 PM   #21

Re: Found a cat (alive dont worry)...

Ok... she maybe a he...

The vet checked and said she looks like a male but theres no 'boy bits' so either he's been neutered or... I dunno!?

But who ever the owners were/are they sure weren't looking after 'him'.

Erm, they cant give 'him' injections just yet as he is too skinny. We will take him back in 2 weeks and see if he can have them then.
The ticks have also come back. When we got home my bf noticed a big one on the back of his neck... should we leave it for a few days coz he has had a flea treatment so far and they say they'll drop off?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
19-05-2009, 09:55 PM   #22

Poor baby, well done to your b/f for taking him in and helping him.
I'd maybe wait a day or so and see if the tick falls off or maybe give the vet a call and ask them what'd be the best thing to do. Never had any experience of ticks, sorry.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
20-05-2009, 10:20 AM   #23

Do you know which sort of flea treatment "he" has had? I think most of them get rid of ticks too, so I'd ask the vet. Horrible things, ticks.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
20-05-2009, 10:58 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by janey83
Ok... she maybe a he...
The vet checked and said she looks like a male but theres no 'boy bits' so either he's been neutered or... I dunno!?

But who ever the owners were/are they sure weren't looking after 'him'.

Erm, they cant give 'him' injections just yet as he is too skinny. We will take him back in 2 weeks and see if he can have them then.
The ticks have also come back. When we got home my bf noticed a big one on the back of his neck... should we leave it for a few days coz he has had a flea treatment so far and they say they'll drop off?

lol Janey... can't really be called Muffin if it's a boy... no street cred with a name like that... "he'll" be in therapy for years!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
20-05-2009, 11:29 AM   #25

Probably better if he is a he - no chance of pregnancy and if he's been neutered so much the better.
Ticks. The treatment will probably cause them to die and fall off in the next day or so. If they don't, you can get a tiny 'tool' at the vets (maybe petshops - I don't know?) to get them out easily. It's like a mini-mini-mini crowbar, that you put under the body of the tick, twist, and out it pops. Disgusting but effective.
Don't try to take them off just with your fingers *shudder* Chances are you'll break off the body and the 'teeth' will stay in the skin and set up a nasty reaction/infection.
They really are horrible creatures. An abomination.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
20-05-2009, 01:42 PM   #26

I have only ever seen 2 ticks on my animals one was on a dog we used to look after and one was on Simon i managed to get them both off without any problems hate the horrible things though