Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
21-05-2007, 10:03 AM   #21

Re: For Madeleine

I too have had theis little one in my thought since she was abducted. The fear she must be feeling must be unbearable.

I was under the impression that they were being babysat by the hotel. I know it's only a listening service but someone must have heard something. Just my Oppinion.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
21-05-2007, 11:01 AM   #22

Yes, having a child more or less the same age I can only put myself in the parents' place by trying to imagine if my precious boy was taken. Agreed that the children should not have been left alone, but heck - what a price to have to pay and what a regret they have to carry around with them

I hope to god that Madeleine is safe and that she's found very soon.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 5 moggies
21-05-2007, 11:29 AM   #23

I cannot imagine what they are going through - I just hope they find her - safe

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
21-05-2007, 12:55 PM   #24

I have to agree That I do not understand why they left the children alone. I never ever would.
I dont even leave my 9 year old alone ever.

Just hope and pray she is found safe and well, and soon!

Mothers at school today (and last week) were selling yellow ribbons and sending money to the fund. So far they raised over £300.

Such a beautiful girl, I don't know who would take her or why. It is beyond my understanding. I just hope that whoever took her is brought to justice.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
21-05-2007, 01:44 PM   #25

She is in my thoughts too. I hope she makes a safe and speedy return to her parents and that whoever has done this is caught.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
21-05-2007, 04:42 PM   #26

I was so touched at my kids school today. All round the boundaries of the school people are tying their yellow ribbons to the fences.
It was very touching. Apparently one boy saw it on the news that a village in scotland had done it and he wanted to do the same, and people just copied.

I didn't know if it would seem odd or inappropriate to take a photo of it.

I did hear one set of parents saying that all this yellow ribbon stuff was way over the top, that thousands of kids go missing every year and nobody puts ribbons out for them.
I thought that rather insensitive. I think it is just this case has such good media coverage that we all know of it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
13-06-2007, 06:31 PM   #27

Latest news doesn't sound good

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
13-06-2007, 06:34 PM   #28

?? Emma, I have not heard any news x

Catsey Veteran

13-06-2007, 06:37 PM   #29

Copied from the BBC website

Police probing Madeleine letter

Madeleine McCann has now been missing for more than a month

Police in Portugal are investigating an anonymous letter and a map claiming to show where missing four-year-old Madeleine McCann's body is buried.
The letter, sent to Dutch paper De Telegraaf, identifies an area 15km (9.3 miles) from where Madeleine vanished.
It strongly resembles another letter sent to the same newspaper last year, accurately pinpointing where two missing Belgian girls were buried.
Ch Insp Olegario de Sousa said officers were "checking the information".
'Everything necessary'
The Madeleine letter pinpoints a dirt track north of Odiaxere in the Algarve, according to De Telegraaf.
The paper said that the letter claims Madeleine, of Rothley, Leicestershire, is buried "north of the road under branches and rocks, around six to seven metres off the road".
Beside a cross and two question marks, the sender has written "vermoedelijke vindplaats Madeleine" - the place where Madeleine can probably be found.

Mr Sousa confirmed Portuguese police were aware of the map and were doing "everything necessary".
He said: "There have been exchanges between Dutch police and us.
"The information indicated an area 15km from the place of the disappearance of the little child. It is not far from Praia da Luz. We are checking the information like we check everything in this case for importance."
Tip-off letter
Dutch police are studying similarities between the new letter and one received by De Telegraaf pointing to the whereabouts of Belgian step-sisters Stacey Lemmens, seven, and Nathalie Mahy, 10.
The girls were murdered in June 2006 after they disappeared from a late-night fair in the town of Liege.
On the day that the letter was received, police found their bodies at the spot indicated on an enclosed map. A convicted paedophile, Abdullah Ait Oud, is now on remand awaiting trial for murder. The Telegraaf believes the letter comes from the same sender because the phrase "vermoedelijke vindplaats" was also used in the tip-off letter last year about Stacey and Nathalie, BBC correspondent Alix Kroeger added.

Catsey Veteran

13-06-2007, 06:38 PM   #30

I have a really horrible feeling about this....I hope to god I am wrong