Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
22-01-2009, 11:39 PM   #21

Re: Thursday's Daily Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink
Well, I did it! It's silly it's only down the street but I'm proud of myself. Too bad they say the sunshine is going to go away and that there will be rain and a small snow shower next week. I hope they're wrong..if the weather is still nice it's easier for me to go out and try again.
Yep, still on Koontz. I've got about a hundred pages left of "Darkest Evening of the Year" and just picked up a new one to start next called "False Memory"

Good, that should give your confidence about driving a little boost! I took driving lessons years ago and discovered (a) I was no good at it, and (b) I absolutely hated it!
Came back from lessons with a throbbing headache, finally decided as I live in a city with marvellous public transportation that that was the way to go for me. Still happy with that decision. Although I do gripe when the buses travel in packs!

Have you read any of the British author Deborah Crombie? Well written police provceedurals with a lot of psychological suspense and well developed characters.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
22-01-2009, 11:52 PM   #22

i would LOVE it if public transportation was good here..too bad i live in a small town where the bus comes only in early morning and late night..that's it!
no, i haven't read her..i'm going to look her up right now on my library list online and see if i can order something of hers, thanks!
i picked up a silly movie at the library to watch called "best in show" about dogs competing in shows and their quirky owners..i hope it's good.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
23-01-2009, 11:41 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
Really upset/angry/frustrated about something?
Will it still matter in 10 years? Almost certainly not
Will it still matter in 10 months? Don't expect so
Will it still matter in 10 weeks? Probably not
Will it still matter in 10 days? Well, you might still remember
Will it still matter in 10 hours? It might just
Will it still matter in 10 minutes? That's probably the attention span most 'issues' deserve. Forget about it and get on with your life.
Brilliant. I have a habit of getting caught up in the heat of the moment, and this will definately help me readjust my perspective and look at the bigger picture. Thanks DM