Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
24-05-2006, 02:27 PM   #21

Re: Daily Thread Wednesday

The Animal! with added ball!
I had one, but gave it to my mum as she is all on one level and didn't mind the weight. I've got a little job that telescopes down, wraps its hose around itself and sleeps in a cupboard!

Have you had a Dyson before Mags, or are you now going round the house vacuuming up litres of dust and grime and wondering how you ever existed without one?

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
24-05-2006, 02:35 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
The Animal! with added ball!
I had one, but gave it to my mum as she is all on one level and didn't mind the weight. I've got a little job that telescopes down, wraps its hose around itself and sleeps in a cupboard!

Have you had a Dyson before Mags, or are you now going round the house vacuuming up litres of dust and grime and wondering how you ever existed without one?

I haven't bought it yet DM ......I haven't had a Dyson before so I am just weighing up the pros and cons at the moment......I didn't realise there were so many different models of it!

Catsey Veteran

24-05-2006, 02:37 PM   #23

I'll do a quick google and see what mine is. It's a girlie turquoise and lilac!

Catsey Veteran

24-05-2006, 02:39 PM   #24

Here he is. DC11 Allergy

Global Moderator

24-05-2006, 02:41 PM   #25

That looks nice and compact DM.......does it do a good job with cat hairs?

Catsey Veteran

24-05-2006, 02:45 PM   #26

Always a frightening amound in the collection tubes. It's not got a huge capacity, so if I ever summon enough enthusiasm to do the whole house in one I have to empty the dust out half way.
It's got a powered turbo head or similar, so it soon sucks up the hairs. And the stretchy house reaches half way up and half way down the stairs.
One of my favourite features of the Dyson is, whether upright or cylinder, everything is there and ready to work - you don't have to go off to find various attachments etc.

Global Moderator

24-05-2006, 02:53 PM   #27

I have just had a look at it and I am getting totally confused now as they all seem to have their good points. That one is very compact and it is nice to get comments from someone who has one....thanks!
There are 3 on my short list now.....the DC 14, DC 15 and now the DC 11.......I'm making progress!

Catsey Veteran

24-05-2006, 02:56 PM   #28

It took me ages to chose - both the upright animal, which was a bad choice actually, as it was waaaaay to heavy for a 3 storey house and all those stairs, and the little boy I have now. He's OK though, apart from relatively small capacity.

Catsey Veteran

24-05-2006, 03:25 PM   #29

Just so I don't forget to say so later ...... I'll not be around till Tuesday next week (get back late Monday). So don't talk about me!
Must go & pack a few things now ..... but I expect I'll find my way back here later ..... it's hypnotic.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
24-05-2006, 03:40 PM   #30

I bought an Oreck. Can only be purchased online but is the best buy I ever made. Cost me a fair whack about 6/7 years ago but it weighs hardly anything. The only thing with it is that you can't do the stairs with it so I brush my stairs down and then put the cleaner round The one I have weighs about 3.8kg (8.5lb)