Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
24-05-2006, 10:43 PM   #21

Re: What are you scared of??

I know geese can be rather nasty but I have a secret desire to own a couple Always have, I think they are really beautiful and better than any guard dog Can't say I am really scared of anything but am not too keen on big dogs like rotties etc...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
25-05-2006, 07:35 AM   #22

Fran - will you lead-and-harness train them?

Phobia of falling. Makes me very wary of great heights (such as a chair ). Have a love-hate relationship to rollercoasters because I feel I'm falling but I know I'm safe. The whole baby giggling for the same reason, thing, when you whoosh it up in the air and then catch it. May be even more childish than I thought... Always though my mental age was about eight. No idea that it was *months*.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
25-05-2006, 10:58 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderdawn
Geese! Grab their neck! They become well behaved VERY quickly!! of course I could never grab one, I am frightened of feathers!!!! couldnt touch one on a live bird, but dead ones are ok!!
Dawn.
Dawn, me too!!! I'm terrified of feathers, if they're on a moving, unpredictable bird all the worse Everyone is used to me crossing the road or diving into a shop to avoid pigeons (fearless so-and-sos).

I can't touch a feather on the ground, even if there's no bird attached to it. I'd be physically sick or pass out if one did touch me. It was a horror of mine when I had my convertible; hitting or being behind something that hit a bird and getting showered with feathers

Oh . . . and I'm not mad keen on flying either

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
25-05-2006, 08:55 PM   #24

I don't mind feathers; have fun in the early Summer whn the crows are moulting...pick up the long wing feathers, tie them to a long string, and: VOILA!..a chase toy for Leia!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
25-05-2006, 09:02 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
I can't touch a feather on the ground, even if there's no bird attached to it. I'd be physically sick or pass out if one did touch me.
I cant quite get my head round why feathers would cause a phobia. They dont come in your house, or crawl on your bed or anything. They are just an object!!!!

Can slightly understand an aversion to birds as they could poop on you when flying above you or fly into you or something... but feathers

So how come Yola is terrified of feathers and I am terrified of spiders???? Where does it all come from

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
25-05-2006, 09:06 PM   #26

And I am terrified of Geese!!! I would rather break up a dog fight than handle a goose!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
25-05-2006, 09:11 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli
And I am terrified of Geese!!! I would rather break up a dog fight than handle a goose!!!
I would think it sheer heaven to lay in a room covered in soft fluffy feathers, but Yola would have a fit!!!! I dont get it!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
25-05-2006, 09:12 PM   #28

No feather pillows in your house then Yola

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
Dawn, me too!!! I'm terrified of feathers, if they're on a moving, unpredictable bird all the worse Everyone is used to me crossing the road or diving into a shop to avoid pigeons (fearless so-and-sos).

I can't touch a feather on the ground, even if there's no bird attached to it. I'd be physically sick or pass out if one did touch me. It was a horror of mine when I had my convertible; hitting or being behind something that hit a bird and getting showered with feathers

Oh . . . and I'm not mad keen on flying either

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
25-05-2006, 10:54 PM   #29

Phobias are not about logic and reasoning. Somehow most people have an irrational fear of something. Why do some people believe in a god, or certain gods, or that ghosts exist? It seems to be a quirk of the brain. Note I'm not saying believing is abnormal or strange in any way, just that some people have the knack and others not, or a different flavour. Same with phobias.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
26-05-2006, 10:02 AM   #30

Hreow - I know exactly when and why my phobia started. I was very small (about 3 years old) and standing by the kerb with my Mum, when a car drove past. There was a white pigeon on the road and the car drove over its tail. The bird was OK, but flew off leaving the tail feather behind which sprayed all over me (being small and by the kerb). This really made a major impact as for a long time I was scared of all fluttering things including petals on trees, tulip petals (???), butterflies etc.

I can easily rationalise the fear and why I have it, but I don't believe it impacts so negatively on my life that I must do something about it.