Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
27-05-2006, 09:52 AM   #21

Re: Birds.... Isn't it that time of year!!

Violet - one mouse, playing with it down the garden, not sure if it was dead prior to Violet or she actually killed it.

Mau Mau - nothing as yet - phew LOL x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
27-05-2006, 01:21 PM   #22

Tigger is always after the birds! But the only baby birds that i have found in my garden is 2 that a magpie got! stupid magpie. poor birds.

Tigger goes after bee's now, he's to old for birds!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
27-05-2006, 08:24 PM   #23

These Cats dont kill anything now! Wiggy does sit under the tree in the garden though, waiting for the Birds to fall on him!
Dawn.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Siamese.Maine Coon. moggies
27-05-2006, 08:51 PM   #24

I dread this time as well. There are so many bird nests around here and once they locate a nest they have no mercy. I try to keep them in as much as possible, and if they are out keep a close eye on them.
Only this morning, shortly after 5 o'clock Cleo popped a little fledgeling in bed with me. It was making so much noise I think she just didn't know what to do so fetched it to me to see if I could fix it. But you know when you are half asleep, and I could hear it chirping, and was thinking 'those bl***y birds are noisy this morning, then starting to think err hold on thats right next to my ear!!! I opened my eyes and she was sat right beside me with the bird in front of her sqawking like a good un with its little beak wide open!
So I had to pick it up, struggle into a dressing gown, get out the house without a cat following me - easier said than done when you're carrying a cheeping bird - then across the back field, grass soaking wet , and find a safe place for it where hopefully its parents would find it. Back in the house, block the catflap so they couldn't get out after it!!! And of course because they couldn't get out they came into the bedroom and complained bitterly!!!!So no more sleep

Hope no-one saw me trotting out the house in next to nothing.....although it isn't as bad as the time I had to take my shirt off to find the mouse that went up my sleeve,nothing on underneath, 7am in the morning so thought I was safe. Looked across the road and there was a chap doing his recycling standing with his mouth open....weellllll fancy doing your recycling at that hour of the morning!!!!!!!!

The things we do because of these felines!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
27-05-2006, 08:55 PM   #25

im so glad mine are house cats, dont get that now, but we used to, why u think we named our 2 ronnie n reggie. nothing was safe, they even tried to bring down a phesant, that was funny to watch, this huge bird strutting aropund the garden with my 2 little monsters tracking it but their favorite was frogs yuk yep so glad they stay indoors now. but i can seee them eyeing up the squirrels in the back garden

Catsey Junior

28-05-2006, 07:04 PM   #26

at this time of year I try to keep the cats indoors in the day and only let them out at night ,but it dosent stop them catching voles ,mice ,shrews and even baby rabbits
they usually eat what they catch apart from shrews and the odd moles that they catch
I do try to save their victims if they are still alive and do have some luck letting them go again

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
28-05-2006, 07:42 PM   #27

Dread the time of year too...Clementine and Elsa have had a few fledglings (amongst other things) over the past week...came home Friday to find a lounge full of fluffy grey feathers..sadly didnt find much of whom they had originally belonged to
Its just a cold, yet sad, fact of owning cats!

Catsey Junior

01-06-2006, 02:35 PM   #28

Freddy has been at it again , always late at night he brings in a bird. Never during the day?? Last night it was a fledgling - I thankfully didn't have the pleasure of disposing of the remains, luckily don't get up first. He doesn't eat them, just plays with them. Feathers everywhere!!!