Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
06-06-2006, 12:56 PM   #21

Re: Daily Shred/Tuesday 6th June..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
CJ ~ Have you tried the Huggies Pull-Ups on Elliot.......he will still think he is a big boy wearing those and they do save accidents when you are out. He can still pull those up and down himself like a big boy That's how my daughter trained her two little ones.....
yes we ahve.
he loved the planets and palnes, thought they were nappies and cried when th planes vanished.
We live about 30 seconds from a park, so maybe start with a short walk there.
Am going to get a travel potty i think!!

Sorry to hear your sad news luke

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
06-06-2006, 01:06 PM   #22

Afternoon on the 6.6.06

I burnt my arm on the iron this morning! (never done it b4!)

Just been sunbathing (its hot!)

Then going watching the Oman at the pics tonight! im soooooo scared.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
06-06-2006, 01:26 PM   #23

Well we went to the vets for the supposed last chat-and to make arrangements, but i couldnt not ask if there was ANY chance of ANYTHING happening-so, the vet has taken some blood tests to send off for analysiation(sp)..he has upped her arthritus medication dosage, put her on a new stronger painkiller and is she is on a strict low protein diet (for some reason?)
Now-i may be jumped upon here, and i may be told im keeping her on for selfish reasons, but TBH i know in my heart im not ready to let her go yet-maybe it is her time, maybe i am denying her of leaving-but i cant let her go without knowing i have tried everything.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
06-06-2006, 01:53 PM   #24

No jumping here. Sending off for tests seems like a good thing to do. At least you will know. Sounds like it is unlikely to be something easy to fix, but you never know. And the vet didn't tell you off, did he/she?

Workmen drilling the walls to Swiss cheese here at work. Had a headache before they started, not likely to get better. : /

Had a good lunch at home with Rover on the lawn, though.
Lovely day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
06-06-2006, 06:28 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke
Well we went to the vets for the supposed last chat-and to make arrangements, but i couldnt not ask if there was ANY chance of ANYTHING happening-so, the vet has taken some blood tests to send off for analysiation(sp)..he has upped her arthritus medication dosage, put her on a new stronger painkiller and is she is on a strict low protein diet (for some reason?)
Now-i may be jumped upon here, and i may be told im keeping her on for selfish reasons, but TBH i know in my heart im not ready to let her go yet-maybe it is her time, maybe i am denying her of leaving-but i cant let her go without knowing i have tried everything.
You know me Luke, straight to the point.
Rimadyl is a first and most common painkiller, there are loads besides, dont think that Rimadyl is a last resort. What drug is she on now?

You dont say she is on heart meds at all, surely she should be if you say she has a heart problem?

I mentioned it to you about the 2 and a half hr walk, how could she with heart failure and crippling Arthritis? I have lost 2 dogs with heart failure, I know there was no way they could ever go that distance.

A few weeks ago, you said she had a biopsy on a lump, which was only a skin tag, and that your Vet said Polly was fine apart from that, if a little overweight.

In July last year you said Polly was 6, but now she is 8, how old is she Luke? In that thread you said she was a "healthy 6yr old small dog"

I just want to help out here Luke, but I am confused, if Polly is a snappy dog, a dog that cant be trusted then thats fine, I wouldnt keep one myself and dont feel bad if thats whats going on, it maybe nothing to do with how she feels, she might just be a snappy, grumpy dog. I can tell you now if a dog of mine ever bit me, it would be at the Vets inside half an hour, I wouldnt tolerate it.

I do think though that dogs deal with situations differently, like you have had a couple Guinea Pigs, new Cat and a new puppy, all well inside a year and that could be affecting her a bit adversely. Personally if I had a dog as ill as you say Polly is, I would not of got a puppy at this stage, maybe she is just exhausted with it all, and if she is ill a puppy might just push her over the edge.

If you need any help at all Luke, if you would like to chat, let me know.
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
06-06-2006, 06:36 PM   #26

Dawn im PM'ing you now

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
06-06-2006, 11:25 PM   #27

Nite all.......sleep well!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
06-06-2006, 11:28 PM   #28

Nite Mags...sleep well...
Nite all......Hope you all sleep well...........