Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

19-07-2006, 06:26 PM   #21

Re: Snails

p.s. and actually jsut cheking using A. marginata with 6 adults of shell length approx 10 cm the tank is about the right size albeit a little bigger.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Mog
19-07-2006, 06:58 PM   #22

Re: Snails

So uh.... why not say all that before, instead of sarky remarks about who is the expert and then stroppy childish remarks about leaving the board??

And so far everything ive found, inc info from people who have been keeping various species of GALS say that you'd need a tank 18" long for one or two, and then 18" long EACH for each pair on top of that.

So that would be, for six a tank about 4ft long....

Im sure they can and do breed in a tank too small, evidently yours have, but will they produce healthy young, will they achieve their optimum size, and will they live a natural lifespan..... in less than ideal conditions.....

And yes, i do know several people who have bred margies.

Funnily enough all the public displays were i have seen GALS have kept them in much bigger containers, and i wouldnt consider keeping more than two in the tank I have (which is currently waiting for some), which IS a 2.5ft tank

I didnt realise you no longer mod'd on petsnails, interestingly the three or four snail-people ive spoken to today, have all said that the pet snails calculator underestimates slightly the space required.

Anyway surely this s all irrelevant since you've said twice now that you are leaving.....

Em