Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
01-01-2009, 05:15 PM   #21

Re: New Year's Day thread ~ Thursday

Got to sleep finally at 2am . . . woken by Domi at 0630; yelled at him and he went back to bed. We all dragged ourselves out of various beds at around 10 this morning Long walk in the woods then where the ground was frozen, and now back doing bits and pieces around the house (cleaning, putting up pictures etc).

Tomorrow it's off to the allotment to measure up for the fence and slabs to go under the shed. I'm going to paint my shed cream and duck-egg blue

Happy New Year

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
01-01-2009, 05:26 PM   #22

Happy New Year! Slept in this morning, then added birthdays/anniverserys, etc. to the new calendars, wrote '09 on a dozen check stubs and will take down the decorations this afternoon.
I was fortunate not having any problems with the gale force winds that roared thru the area all day yesterday: several people killed by falling tree limbs, and thousands lost power. A really dreadful day for many. Today is sunny but very cold, -8C wind chill. I have to put the trash/recycling out as tomorrow is pickup day' other than that and the bird feeder and Leia's grass, will stay inside where it's warm...hurry Spring!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
01-01-2009, 06:43 PM   #23

Happy new year friends if somewhat belated only I'm not feeling up to the mark today. Took the cold real bad yesterday and I'm suffering for it today. Feel chilled and sore throated and thick headed.
HAVE A GREAT 2009 ANYWAYS... God Bless you all

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
01-01-2009, 07:10 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoshPuss
Happy new year friends if somewhat belated only I'm not feeling up to the mark today. Took the cold real bad yesterday and I'm suffering for it today. Feel chilled and sore throated and thick headed.
HAVE A GREAT 2009 ANYWAYS... God Bless you all
Why has that made me suddenly think of Tiny Tim's "God Bless Us Every One"?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
01-01-2009, 08:32 PM   #25

Well evening all, been to work today. Slept through the new year..........sort of still lingering from that cold/virusy thing I think.
But a good day at work got loads done. Had a few words (totaly out of the ordinary never in 3 years) with my immediate boss, over something trivial but he came back straight away with small bar of cadburys milk chocolate....and said "think we both need a sugar boost" and I agreed. We get on great, he is not the most aproachable of people and things are always black white but he said since he met me he had decided their are shades of grey. But he is honest and straightforward and very fair and a good bloke all round. Plus he knows the role I do is one of the hardest within the company as a whole and almost every store to fill as it is so hard people cannot cope and the turnover is very high....ususaly if you so much as cope with my role for 4 months they move onto fasttrack within the company. Yet I do my job well not just cope and totaly enjoy it and he knows it.

Anyhow enough of my trumpet blowing, nicer day weather wise than yesterday no fog this morning.

Took Sal out had dinner turkey chip (had the full turkey meal last night) having a look on here than a shower or maybe the oher way round.

Happy New Year eveyone.