Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: two long haired two short hair cats
01-08-2010, 04:08 PM   #21

Re: Having a New Feline Member Of The Family

Hi all,

I have taken on a two year old cat in the past and my other cats would not take to her to the extent that she ran away and ended up living with another neighbour for many years and ended up more feral than anything, so its not really a case of wanting the newness cutie factor of a kitten its the fact that in my 33 year experience of cat owning a kitten is usually accepted by the remaining bunch fairly quickly. Another fully grown cat is not and its not an experience I would like to repeat as I worried for months before the cat turned up safely. I actually prefer a cat once its got out of its kitten stage and settles down a bit as they can be wearing!

I have never let my cats have kittens or produce kittens, take them to be done as soon as the time is right. There are way too many homeless cats and I would love to have a big mansion and a bigger purse to take them all on but the sad thing s I can only do my bit - and having lost Max I feel I can afford and take care of another puss.

Having said that - I have been ringing and ringing since half one and getting no reply to fetch my Puss - its probably just me getting anxious as I did nt stipulate a time to collect him and said I would ring first. Silly are nt I but I cant settle!! Just dying to fetch him. Jan x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
01-08-2010, 04:24 PM   #22

Oh dear! Hope you get an answer soon!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
01-08-2010, 11:44 PM   #23

Jan, I completely know what you mean, taken on older cats myself. I love them to bits but it does take quite awhile for the poor dears to settle. Especially in my house where there are lots of other species and such it can be overwhelming. I'm glad I took in Tigger and Cuddles (RIP) and Hestia has really come around but I think in the future my home might be too stressful for an older cat to get used to and it's not fair unless they had completely separate quarters or our family decreased in size significantly. We all know you are responsible here.
Anyhow, enough of that, I can't wait to hear what happens with the new addition! One lucky kitty