Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
21-11-2006, 12:39 PM   #291

Re: Very worried about Teddy

I haven't really got any good advise, but wanted to wish you and Teddie luck - it must be so stressful for you both. Tango has been having Metronidazole (as well as other antibiotics) the last week in pill form and he hates it, I found that particular antibiotic the hardest to get into him, hope you have more luck with Teddie.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
21-11-2006, 06:24 PM   #292

Been to the vets and they are now on the medication. I'm gettin greally P'd off with this vet, when I saw him yesterday, he said it wouldn't cost much for the metronidazole and it ended up costing me £40 (along with the probiotic powder), now either he's ripping me off or his version of not costing much is different from mine. I was given the liquid form as he said it was the 'cheaper' option (in who's book?) She's been quite runny again today, so hopefully this was the correct step to take. Oh DM, the granules turned up today, so thank you!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
21-11-2006, 06:53 PM   #293

£40, wish thats what I was charged when I go to the vets! One consultaion and 7 tablets cost me £40 the other day!
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

22-11-2006, 09:09 PM   #294

They have all started their antibiotics this morning, they definitely don't like the lovely banana flavour, lol. Teddie had been liquid all last night again, so I think I have done the right thing giving this a try. It can't hurt to try it anyway! Little hoover mouth is going round my feet at the moment trying to pick up the crumbs from my sandwich I have just eaten. Because she has been on the white fish and is now on the giardia treatment and so will probably have the runs anyway, do you think I should put her onto normal cat food ie pro plan or something else to try and beef her up a bit (when she got weighed yesterday, she hasn't put even an ounce on in the last 3 weeks)

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Moggies
23-11-2006, 08:42 AM   #295

i dont know to be honest Alex, maybe a call to the vet on that one?

Catsey Veteran

23-11-2006, 02:18 PM   #296

Will do BT, as I have asked a few of my friends and no-one is any wiser than me!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
23-11-2006, 03:13 PM   #297

Oh dear Alex..........sounds like you're still not having much luck with your lot.
Fingers crossed that they get better soon.
Don't even get me started on vets bills!!!!! lol. Abi's recent trips to the vets have cost me the best part of £450.00 and it's not covered by her insurance because it was pregnancy/birth related. Hmmmmppppphhhh!!!!!!!!!
Would have paid double that if it had made her better any quicker though!!!! Thank goodness for credit cards!!! lol
xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
23-11-2006, 04:42 PM   #298

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgirl73
They have all started their antibiotics this morning, they definitely don't like the lovely banana flavour, lol. Teddie had been liquid all last night again, so I think I have done the right thing giving this a try. It can't hurt to try it anyway! Little hoover mouth is going round my feet at the moment trying to pick up the crumbs from my sandwich I have just eaten. Because she has been on the white fish and is now on the giardia treatment and so will probably have the runs anyway, do you think I should put her onto normal cat food ie pro plan or something else to try and beef her up a bit (when she got weighed yesterday, she hasn't put even an ounce on in the last 3 weeks)
Only my feeling, with no science to back it up etc, but I think if it was me I would not change again until I'd completed the course of medication. a/b's are notorious for causing the runs - I always put mine on 'invalid diet' as soon as they start a course.

Catsey Veteran

23-11-2006, 07:11 PM   #299

I didn't manage to phone my vets today, haven't stopped all day. She is remaining on the fish for the moment (although she has just eaten a pea that one of the girls dropped off their dinner plate) I swear she could find the tiniest crumb on the floor! She hasn't done any poo's today at all, so have no idea if the antibiotics are helping or not, mind you, she hasn't had any diarrhea (touching wood) either, so it must be doing something. Broxis was a lot healthier looking this morning though!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
23-11-2006, 07:58 PM   #300

Keeping everything crossed xxx