Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
24-02-2006, 05:07 PM   #31

Re: sreious question so please dont laugh at me

I am no help with your questions CJK - but will be watching this thread for any news. Violets nipples can hardly be seen.

Maybe more kittens you will have your hands full ! LOL

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
24-02-2006, 05:10 PM   #32

oh so arent a cats nipples always pink then?
( see what i mean about never having had a girl cat b4 lol)

Thank god for you all here to ask so many questions of. Princess freyas are DEFINATLY pink and very long, though not fat. I been trying to get a picture of them ( yeah i kow i am going completely barney today) but with the flash on all u get is white glare and without you cant see a darned thing!!!!!!

I cant tell if she got a rounded belly or not, and prob wouldnt tell from this anyway.
rang vets, they cant fit her in until next friday, they said not to worry, cos it not an emergancy and just hang on until friday unless she becomes ill or soemthing.

Catsey Veteran

24-02-2006, 05:13 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli
Could she just have had a season before she was spayed??? One of my dogs is the same she had a season, the other two aren't they did't have seasons...
I was told they hadnt seen her have a seasen but only had her for 3-4 weeks, as it was thier friends cat who couldnt look after her anymore.

But as said before, i am not sure how much of what they told me to belive anymore.
Just keep feeding her and giving her love and see how we go for now

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
24-02-2006, 07:48 PM   #34

Just caught up with this thread CJ.
Here are my thoughts
*Firstly if her nipples are very pink - this could be a sign of pregnancy.
*If they are enlarged, this could be a sign of pregnancy, but could also be a sign of her being recently off a litter.
*If she is recently off a litter, her hair may be falling out, I know her coat is not in great condition, but she looks in "good coat" from the photos, (does that make sense?) What I mean is - she could be knotty & grubby through lack of grooming, but is her coat dull / dry / falling out? If so, this may indicate she's recently off a litter.
*you asked if the vet should have been able to tell by feeling her abdomen if she is pregnant & you thought maybe not as she is so thin. 2 points there. 1) the vet would not neccasarily be able to feel if she is pregnant. 2) The vet would be more likely to feel her pregancy as she is thin, but it would actually be harder to feel her pregnancy if she was fat.
*there are 2 ways to determine pregnancy 1)an ultrasound scan (this is what I do, if you were near I'd come & scan her for you) 2)the other way is by taking an x-ray, which I would never do just to diagnose pregnancy.

So unless you want the expense of paying for a scan, the best thing to do is sit tight. Give her plenty of premium quality food & wait & see what happens.

PS Don't want to sound harsh - but if my vet couldn't see me for 7 days - I'd be changing vet pretty sharpish!

Catsey Veteran

24-02-2006, 07:51 PM   #35

managed to get some piccies, not that it will help i guess...

Catsey Veteran

24-02-2006, 07:55 PM   #36

she not loosing her coat really, just the usual amount i would expect when combing her. I tried to gently feel her tummy and it feels kinda firm, but i never felt a cat tummy before so i have no idea.

the vet just said can we wait until friday as it not important and they really busy,and they said that if she JUST pinking up ( i think that the expression used) that she may only be 2-3 weeks, and given another week they should hopefully be able to feel it better.

the vets in our town are pretty crap anyway, but until i can drive i am stuck.

(oh and i edited this jsut to say THANKS SMUDGLEY!!!)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
24-02-2006, 08:02 PM   #37

I have no advice CJ as both my girl kitties were speyed as soon as they were old enough. But I cant see or feel their nipples. Sometimes get little white areas on Misty's black coat if she is laying flat on her back with her belly upwards, but that is just where the fur isnt growing on the nipples.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
24-02-2006, 10:30 PM   #38

It's beginning to sound likely that she is pregnant; all my females were spayed at the right age, & all had almost minuscule nipples, white, not pink...just checked Leia (who didn't appreciate it:roll ) same with her. Surely the people who had her before would have known if she had had a litter?? Or maybe it was before they got her? I remember reading somewhere that some Persians come into heat VERY quietly without the usual rolling & calling...keep us posted CJ, will be watching this space..and you are NOT loopy!!

Catsey Veteran

24-02-2006, 10:35 PM   #39

Had she been mine fomr a kitty she would have been spayed.
Previous so called owners know very little about her it seems. they said they only ahd her 3-4 weeks!
If i was even looking after a cat i'd ask her name,age, spayed or not, any litters, vaccinated, etc etc.

But not some people! Once i saw her i just couldnt leave her though.

but anyway she is now In a loving caring home ( not bragging here jsut saying she wasnt b4 obviously) and hopefully i can gt her into better health and do what i can for her.
I'll do whatever i can for her.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
24-02-2006, 10:43 PM   #40

At least she is safe now CJ, and will get all the love she deserves...