Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
13-08-2005, 06:50 PM   #31

Re: Nite all...

Have a good cry and get it out of your system J....you'll probably feel much better afterwards {{{Hugs}}}

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
13-08-2005, 07:30 PM   #32

I'll second that.((((((((((((hugs))))))))))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggie
13-08-2005, 08:09 PM   #33

Yeah I guess..

Well here's the sad story...:

Well my day started quite well actually..

Took Luna out for her morning walk...

Went to my dad's work (he's a busdriver) to get his car, so we (Kamille and Bella and Luna and I) could go to the vet and have the girls vaccinated and weighed.

All this went very well. We went to the car and somehow the darn "ding ding" tone alerting me the door was open went on (its normally shut off) oh well.... I dropped Kamille and Bella off and went to park my dad's car at this work again.

My dad wants me to leave the car parked in 1. gear and the handbrake NOT pulled (the opposite of wot I was taught ) AND he has a steering lock.. Going from the wheel to the brake.

Right, I park the car as told, and put the steering lock on and lets Luna out of the car...

Then I think of that annoying sound (which was on again - as I had opened the door )

I decide to see if I can find a button to shut it off permanently...

Here is the part which I looking back know is stupid!!!

I get in the car. Push the clutch down (aparently not enough) and start the engine....

The car drives... across the parking lot, through a fence, barely miss a car (thank god) and drives across the road into and through a BIG locked gate... There the car is somehow stopped (I'm not sure how ) and I turn the key...

Run across the road to the parking lot, where Luna is still standing, where I left her.... GOOD GIRL!!!!

I take her back to the car... We get in.. I take the bl**dy steering lock of and drive the car back to the parking lot and park it.

I'm shaking all over, try to call my dad's mobile phone, he doesnt answer (he's driving so phone off).. then I call my mum, who is in another town...

A colleague of my dad comes out of the building.. I ask her if there's some way I can get hold of my dad.. She says he's on a break at 11.16 am (this happened 10.45), I try calling him again, no luck..

I know which bus he's driving so I go towards the rute it drives to see if I can meet him... No luck...

So now its 12.40 and he told me the car should be there at 2, so I have to be at his work before 2... I need to tell him, before he sees the car....

I take Luna to Kamille's and then my mum texted me saying she will come with me out to tell my dad... I bike out to my mum, and we bike to my dad's work together..

He was shocked, but took it rather well.. I was okay, that's wot mattered...

Neither me, my mum or my dad understands how I got as far as I did.....

And the weirdest part is, the fence I drove through... it kinda fell back in place afterwards, so you had to be real close to see the damage...

The car is in for a total paintjob.... its "scratched" (donno wot word to use) on the fenderbender (?), hood, front window, roof, left side door (drivers side in DK) on the back and a dent over the left wheel. Both sidemirrors were pushed in (not broken, you can do this yourself) and the radioantenna was bended.. The wiper from the backwindow were broken off.

We had a good laugh as it seemed near impossible... And he ended up saying "Well when you do it, you really do it good"

I'm still allowed to borrow his car..

I just cant believe Luna kept standing there.. That she didnt run across the road to get to me...

Well now I'm sat at home on here with my friends, feeling shook up, tired, drained for energy, sore all over and proud of my girl.

J...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
13-08-2005, 08:27 PM   #34

And so you should be. what a star

Catsey Veteran

13-08-2005, 08:35 PM   #35

Thank you...

It really helped putting it down in writing....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
13-08-2005, 09:06 PM   #36

Hey, this happens to the best of us.....at least you are ok and your dad took it well it sounds.....what a good girl Luna was....so put this one down to experience and have a right old laugh about it

Catsey Veteran

13-08-2005, 09:13 PM   #37

Ta PK

I'm feeling loads better about it...

Just very tired now

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
14-08-2005, 09:21 AM   #38

What a story OM! I'm sure you feel better getting that off your chest! Glad you're Dad was alright about it....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
14-08-2005, 09:23 AM   #39

We all do things like that OM, when I started driving, no Lampost was safe!!!Don't beat yourself up about it, its life...

Catsey Veteran

14-08-2005, 11:47 AM   #40

Thanks guys

Yeah it helped talking about it