Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
12-12-2005, 01:17 PM   #31

Re: Special cat collars

I use the Frontline spray from the vets.

I found Moli's collar this morning, it was under a neighbours gate so I've got a few spare just in case

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
12-12-2005, 02:44 PM   #32

Re: Special cat collars

I don't use collars because they ruin the fur round the neck on the Persians but these quick release ones sound brilliant. Like Mags I too had a cat come back with her leg stuck through. I just thought it could have so easily caught on a branch and hung her. Really scary thought. Frontline is far better than flea collars as ther have been less recorded effects. I find the drops the easiest as some cats don't like the noise of the spray. A good thing to have in is Capstar is case you see any fleas on your cats. It can be used safely in conjunction with Frontline etc. It is a tablet and the fleas starting dying within 15 mins and are completely gone within 24 hours. You can get it from your vets but it is cheaper from Wormers.co.uk and postage is free. These can be used for dogs as well. There are 2 sizes. One for cats and small dogs from 1-11kg and the other for dogs over 11kg. They can even be given to kittens and puppies over 4 weeks old as long as they weigh over 1kg and pregnant and feeding mums.