Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: N/A
16-05-2008, 07:47 PM   #31

Re: Advice needed...

in a couple of weeks! but wanted to be ready! got to get a litter tray.. litter and food.. I'll have to wait and find out what the "breeder" is feeding her and then buy that so I have been told because changing the food straight away might not be good for her...not sure if this is true?? not to mention the vets bill when I take her.. when I have got her home.. so I wanted to get everything ready!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Moggy's
16-05-2008, 07:50 PM   #32

I rescued Snoopy at 5 weeks but she had been without her mum for atleast a week, We took her straight to the vets and were told there was a big possibility that she would die. Well I tried my hardest to do everything right. I sort of muddled my way through the next month as I did no about this forum. She is now nearly a year old and the only behaviour issue we have is she licks n nibbles any bit of flesh available, I think maybe its because she left her mum way to early but im not sure.
Good luck with your new fur baby hun hope it all goes well xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-05-2008, 08:12 PM   #33

Littlelinnie, it's true that changing the food they've been on can cause tummy upsets/diarrhea. Good idea to change over very very gradually later if you want to do so.

Jem, Snoopy's habit might very well have been caused by not suckling enough as a kitten; I've heard this, I'm not positive if it's true, but seems logical to me.....

Catsey Junior

16-05-2008, 08:36 PM   #34

okay thanks for that! I will leave her on whatever they are feeding her until shes a bit older then change from there! I am going to take her to the vets as soon as I can anyways..
thanks for the support that I have been shown in this thread or by pm! I am just trying to do right by the kitten.x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
16-05-2008, 08:52 PM   #35

The chances are the kitten will be on a cheap not very good quality food as that is what these type of people use. Keep her on it for about a week while she settles in then slowly over the next week introduce the new food whatever it maybe. All my babies are raised on Royal Canin Kitten and I have never had any problems with it. My adults are fed Royal Canin as well. If the change is done gradually you shouldn't have any problems with tummy upsets.

Catsey Junior

16-05-2008, 09:35 PM   #36

thanks Kay! I was looking at that food I have ordered the baby milk for her I would like to get her on the food aswell so thanks for saying that!x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
16-05-2008, 10:23 PM   #37

No problem. Good luck.

Catsey Junior

17-05-2008, 05:41 PM   #38

the womans just messaged me and told me the kitten is doing really well! shes going to send me some more pics!