Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
07-09-2008, 10:20 PM   #31

Re: Off to the Vets

Glad to hear that Eva is a bit better. Hope the trouser grooming goes well.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
08-09-2008, 12:25 AM   #32

Glad to hear she's feeling better, is your vet Andrew Stalker, if so, both he and Emma are very good.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
08-09-2008, 08:24 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by farthing
Glad to hear she's feeling better, is your vet Andrew Stalker, if so, both he and Emma are very good.

I dont know his last name but am guessing its the same person as there cannt be many Emma and Andrews in the same practice. It's Aurora Vet in Bankhead.
I have so much confidence in him, easy to talk to, doesnt talk vet jargon at you, patient and interested. He is very good with Eva and tries very hard not to put her under any undue stress, takes the time to try to keep her calm instead of rushing to get the job done and her out of the surgery.

No poo puddles at all this morning but she doesnt have the same gusto over her food as she had, maybe by tomorrow though she will be back to her normal self completely.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
08-09-2008, 02:42 PM   #34

I do hope so Elaine - can't bear to think of Eva with no gusto!

Catsey Veteran

09-09-2008, 08:57 AM   #35

Eva had a solid poo last night but this morning there was another poo puddle . Will carry on with the Hills I/D for now. Will give Andrew a call tomorow morning if she is no better.
In herself she is fine although has developed a great fear of carier bags Could just be that she is more sensitve than normal due to being under the weather.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
09-09-2008, 10:04 AM   #36

Elaine, have just caught up with this thread now. So sorry to hear of your worrise with Eva over the weekend, but really glad to hear she seems to be on the mend a little. Your vet really does sound very good and thorough, and I'm sure with his expertise and you're care and love Eva will be back on track soon

Catsey Veteran

09-09-2008, 08:02 PM   #37

Hmm, think I'll give him a call in the morning. Came back this evening to more poo puddles. Not completely runny but not solid either.

Catsey Veteran

10-09-2008, 07:30 AM   #38

Waiting to call the vet as soon as it opens. Was woken up 3 times in the night by Eva scratching around and cleaning up poop. I eventually shut both cats out of the bedroom so as i could get some sleep. Feeling really guilty about that as i dont normally get upset with her but last night I could have just screamed and cried.
This morning G got up and woke me by complaining about the poo puddles. I got up and helped to clean it all.
I am begining to disagree with my vet Andrew on this one about feeding her when this happens but then again there may be some sort of bug hanging around her rather than her just upsetting herself, maybe an antibiotic is in order.
What ever it is, we have to get it sorted as me and G are feeling the stress of cleaning up the puddles which isnt going to do her any good.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
10-09-2008, 10:07 AM   #39

Oh Elaine; I really feel for you both. Your last post sounds very depressed and despondent. I don't really know what to suggest . . . but I just want you to know I'm hoping things improve as it obviously is awful for you, but not too nice for Eva either

Catsey Veteran

10-09-2008, 01:40 PM   #40

Eva is going into the vets this afternoon. Nop more poo puddles but I didnt give her any breakfast, I know Andrew said not to do that but I have been cleaning up poo puddles for days now and i cannt take any more. It wouldnt be so bad if she were a normal cat who used a litter box. The house is wall to wall puppy pads and still she finds carpet to poop on instead, this morning it was the sofa too. I know she cannt help it and I feel terrible feeling the way i do right now about her.
The vet is talking about blood tests and fecal samples, why cann they just take her temp and givce her antibiotics? Now i am begining to doubt this vet also.