Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
10-09-2009, 02:08 PM   #31

Re: : My name is Sophia, and the RSPCA cannot be trusted. (Update @ post 105)

I have everything crossed you get the little boy back soon Sophia xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
10-09-2009, 03:00 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgirl73
The RSPCA has many volunteers who I utterly applaud, due to the hard work and commitment they put in to animal welfare. However the RSPCA as a whole is a very flawed organisation! I have known of 100's of instances where they have not lifted one finger to help animals in distress or/and danger, we have all read the horrific reports of animals and pets being destroyed due to incompetence and to be perfectly frank, money seems to matter much more than the animals! catwoman wrote about not cutting off funding to them as more animals will suffer, well tbh, if they actually spent the money that was sitting in their bank accounts instead of hoarding it, thousands of animals need not be destroyed, but could be kept in kennels etc until new homes were found!!! if people want to give, and i pray that they do, give to animal charities with a no destruction policy, like CP, the dogs trust etc, charities that actually give a damn about the animals they are helping, and who desperately need the money! Rant over *sorry*
Totally agree. x

Banned

Cats owned: N/A
10-09-2009, 03:40 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by random
Totally agree. x
Totally disagree!!!!!

Banned

10-09-2009, 04:22 PM   #34

All you posters that HATE/LOATHE the RSPCA have you ever bred from your cats or dogs? I know at least one of you has...
Mindless people breeding needlessly, make the job for the RSPCA worse by adding to the numbers of strays / neglect of animals.
With all the will in the world the RSPCA can't help or rehome every animal. There just isn't the space.... They are full to bursting as it is, and there just isn't the space to keep them all, or volunteer fosters.
THATS when the sad decisions have to be made, they pts feral/sick to give the space to a healthy/social cats who will be easier to home. THERE ONLY IS SO MUCH SPACE AT REHOMING CENTRES!!!!!!!
So neuter/ spay your animals and please do not breed from them Because YOU are part of the problem!!!!

Catsey Veteran

10-09-2009, 04:29 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by catwoman999
All you posters that HATE/LOATHE the RSPCA have you ever bred from your cats or dogs? I know at least one of you has...
Mindless people breeding needlessly, make the job for the RSPCA worse by adding to the numbers of strays / neglect of animals.
With all the will in the world the RSPCA can't help or rehome every animal. There just isn't the space.... They are full to bursting as it is, and there just isn't the space to keep them all, or volunteer fosters.
THATS when the sad decisions have to be made, they pts feral/sick to give the space to a healthy/social cats who will be easier to home. THERE ONLY IS SO MUCH SPACE AT REHOMING CENTRES!!!!!!!
So neuter/ spay your animals and please do not breed from them Because YOU are part of the problem!!!!
Well that depends how responsible you are with the homing of the kittens.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
10-09-2009, 04:40 PM   #36

Who do you mean catwoman? I know i have got kittens but they are going to a good home there staying here. I let her have the litter but if i havent decided to keep them they would have found good homes vetted by myself. I decided to keep them within 4 hrs of Maisey given birth. I let the problem continue so i had to sort it out myself

Banned

10-09-2009, 04:43 PM   #37

Quote:
Well that depends how responsible you are with the homing of the kittens.
WRONG AGAIN!!!
No matter how carefully you rehome your cats, you are not a mind reader! Peoples circumstances change.... And do not always want to hand the cat back to the breeder and sell it on to god knows who... The breeder cannot control that, unfortunately.
Many pedigree animals end up in rescues, not just moggies and mongrels FACT!!!!!
Ethical breeding phaw... doesn't exist....

Catsey Veteran

10-09-2009, 04:55 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by catwoman999
WRONG AGAIN!!!
No matter how carefully you rehome your cats, you are not a mind reader! Peoples circumstances change.... And do not always want to hand the cat back to the breeder and sell it on to god knows who... The breeder cannot control that, unfortunately.
Many pedigree animals end up in rescues, not just moggies and mongrels FACT!!!!!
Ethical breeding phaw... doesn't exist....
Oh and there was me thinking it was only moggies and mongrels in rescue when I have donated to breed rescue and even rescued and helped rehome ped animals, how silly of me!

Seems I am always wrong and so are a lot of people here since you joined the forum, that's just fine, an attitude which I have long learned how to deal with. Only when you speak in such a manner that you undermine everyone else's point but your own you don't open your mind enough to further yourself and learn. But ho hum, you know it all anyway so what is there to learn? You are very lucky!

Banned

10-09-2009, 04:56 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by kado
Who do you mean catwoman? I know i have got kittens but they are going to a good home there staying here. I let her have the litter but if i havent decided to keep them they would have found good homes vetted by myself. I decided to keep them within 4 hrs of Maisey given birth. I let the problem continue so i had to sort it out myself
I wasn't refering to you Kado, you didn't slate the RSPCA like the others did!
But, I do think you've got your hands full lol....

Banned

10-09-2009, 04:58 PM   #40

Quote:
Oh and there was me thinking it was only moggies and mongrels in rescue when I have donated to breed rescue and even rescued and helped rehome ped animals, how silly of me!

Seems I am always wrong and so are a lot of people here since you joined the forum, that's just fine, an attitude which I have long learned how to deal with. Only when you speak in such a manner that you undermine everyone else's point but your own you don't open your mind enough to further yourself and learn. But ho hum, you know it all anyway so what is there to learn? You are very lucky!
I didn't say I know it all lol...
But thank you for saying I do....