Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

13-05-2006, 05:28 PM   #41

Re: Tatoos

Quote:
Originally Posted by deester
Fantastic tattoo, very unusual. Where did you have it done? And how long have you had it? I have one on my back not so big though i will try and post when i have time.
I had it done at Evil from the Needle in London, the tattooist is Jeff. It's been a work in progress for the last year, I had 5 sessions on it. The final session was about 2weeks ago, and now i have one session left for touch ups

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
13-05-2006, 06:06 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim
Edited to say that my son (he's 1 wants a small tattoo and thought I would object - not at all - it's up to him and I really think that some of them can look really good.
OMG, that looks like my son is 10 - he's 18!!!! How did that smiley face get there?????

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Bengals & a DSH
13-05-2006, 08:48 PM   #43

Janey -love you kitty face tattoo -really cute.

I had my D'arcy's paw prints done today - bit sore at the mo.

Going in on the 24th june for Zak's portrait - Zak was run over 31st Jan 2005 - I wnat him lying on my shoulder for ever.

mabe I could get one like your but using my Tia's face - I only need Sebestian and Beau's then (Beau is also my Bridge baby).

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Mog
13-05-2006, 11:02 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
Em - thanks for that great information. My only worry with the cat pic is that it's vertical and a horizontal image would be better for the base of the spine I think. We have a very good tatooist in Reading (recommended by everyone), but he's just that - a tatooist who will copy rather than create. I did pluck up enough courage to to into his shop once, but I found him rather unhelpful so that put me off.

Would you mind if I contacted you closer to the time I'm looking to have the tatoo (autumn/winter this year), to see how much you'd charge for a cat design?
No probs - get some of the uk tattoo mags (i think there is still only Skin Deep though...) have a look through there adn note the names of the tattooists who are doing nice work and the ones who are doing the work that WINS in tattoo comps.

If you can get into London there are some EXCELLENT tattooists there, im up north and the best near me is a guy called Louis Molloy (who i cannot afford to go to lol)....

Horizontal works at the base of the spine, but what about having it quite tall, quite large right UP the spine (not all the way up...).

Em

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: White Mogley, Bengal, Siamese
13-05-2006, 11:07 PM   #45

Great tattoos!

I definately want one.. Just in the process of either finding one, or getting one designed!

14-05-2006, 01:47 AM   #46

definitely agree with Canis-Equus if you can get yourself to London its the best place to get done. Two good shops there I like are Evil From the Needle and Into You

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
14-05-2006, 08:52 AM   #47

id love a tattoo ring round one of my fingers!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
14-05-2006, 08:57 AM   #48

Yola - just a thought from someone with absolutely no body adornments but it struck me that, with such a striking but delicate design, you should maybe get an 'artiste' to trial it in something or another - marker pen? whatever? - to check that, after all the pain of needles on your spine, the design will be suitably visible. I just thought that that delicate tail might get lost in the shadow of your bones?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
14-05-2006, 09:59 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittyfix
definitely agree with Canis-Equus if you can get yourself to London its the best place to get done. Two good shops there I like are Evil From the Needle and Into You
I can easily get into London so will make a note of these two names. When I'm next in town I'll try and pop in to see them. Do they have websites (you might need to pm those to me), or at least somewhere that I can find their contact details?

And DM - the 'temp' tatoo is a good idea. I could always get Ken to doodle on my back for me he's actually quite good with pen/ink!!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Mog
14-05-2006, 11:39 PM   #50

Ill have a look in a copy of skin deep - both those shops i have heard of - bear in mind im from Manchester and ive been to london ooh TWICE ni my life... There is a shop with a very very nice female tattooist i know a friend of mine goes to, ill find out about that too.

DEFINATELY get someone to draw it on you, personally if you have the body for it (and i do not lol too many tyres), go for it quite tall, 6" or taller up your spine, its quite daunting getting a big tattoo but having seen so so many small ones, bigger always looks better especially when its a nice clean sharp design.

Em