Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
10-09-2008, 04:04 PM   #41

Re: Off to the Vets

Ok just back from vets, had to take both Eva and Bernie as Bernie now has the runs too
They have both had a long lasting antibiotic injection, have got more B vits and some pro kolin.
I have decided to confine both to the kitchen when we are in bed and out at work to limit any further mess.
Off now to organise the kitchen for them.
Fingers crossed they will both dry up over night now.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
10-09-2008, 04:25 PM   #42

Sorry to hear that, Elaine. Hope they both start improving soon.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
10-09-2008, 05:27 PM   #43

oh Elaine. I am so feeling for you chum, having been where you are. When Teddie was like this I was told to starve her for 24 hours, then introduce a little white fish and plain rice for the next, then slowly re introduce her normal food. But she was also given metronidazole for the suspected giardia. Is there any chance this could be the problem with Eva?

Catsey Veteran

10-09-2008, 05:33 PM   #44

I dont know Alex tbh, I am not all that clued up on Guardia but there is definately something coz Bernie now has the runs, G isnt feeling to great and i havent been too hot either. For me, I was putting my sicky feeling down to the constant cleaning of poo and lack of sleep.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
10-09-2008, 05:33 PM   #45

I am so sorry Elaine. Poor you and poor cats - presumably it's a bug of some sort.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
10-09-2008, 05:39 PM   #46

How awful for you (all). Has this been a long running thing with her? Just a thought that I meant to post earlier, maybe not relevant now that bernie upset too.

I had a dog who was intolerant of animal protien. It resulted in runny poos then solid once on antibiotics or when I changed diet, then back to runny poos again.

She ended up being fed chicken/rice/pasta based diets. But avoided stronger feeds. - just a thought.

Hope it all turns out.

CM

Catsey Veteran

10-09-2008, 05:46 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by calismum
How awful for you (all). Has this been a long running thing with her? Just a thought that I meant to post earlier, maybe not relevant now that bernie upset too.

I had a dog who was intolerant of animal protien. It resulted in runny poos then solid once on antibiotics or when I changed diet, then back to runny poos again.

She ended up being fed chicken/rice/pasta based diets. But avoided stronger feeds. - just a thought.

Hope it all turns out.

CM
Hi CM and thanx for your post, I dont think its a food intolerance tbh. Eva does sometimes get upset easily and when she gets upset she gets the runs. This time though I think its a bug rather than stress related.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
10-09-2008, 05:50 PM   #48

No worries - finger crossed the long acting antibiotics work.

CM

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
10-09-2008, 05:52 PM   #49

Sorry to hear Bernie has got this bug too....... must be awful for both you and G to cope with, not feeling too good yourselves....

Hope the ABs kick in and things improve soon....

Catsey Veteran

11-09-2008, 07:00 AM   #50

Well the good news is that there was no poo puddles this morning but then again they didnt eat much yesterday. Just doing some chicken for them for this morning.
We put them both in the kitchen over night and there wasn't a peep out of them.
Fingers crossed that the AB's have done the trick and they will be right as rain again.