Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
24-02-2006, 10:45 PM   #41

Re: sreious question so please dont laugh at me

i was actually a ittle upset yesterday, i carried her upstairs with me at night and put her on my bed, after about two minutes she ran off. It's as if she hasnt been allowed to go upstiars before, she hardly goes upt here and when she dos if one of us goes up she comes crawling down cowering poor thing.
She'll soon learn that the bed is comfy lol

Global Moderator

24-02-2006, 10:47 PM   #42

She will soon know what it is like to be spoilt CJ!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
24-02-2006, 10:48 PM   #43

"So-called" owners is right on!! Let's hope she HAD a litter & isn't pregnant now With all you have on your plate now, you don't need kittens!! (But they are so adorable..) From the pictures, the nipples don't look anything like a female who never kittened or wasn't pregnant???

Catsey Veteran

24-02-2006, 10:52 PM   #44

well if she does ahve kittens we will cope.
I'll be making a big fuss of her and my kids adore her. Elliot laughs so much when she headbutts him. she wrey of me a little still, and dont yet know what she like with men, she only once come to me for a fuss. mostly she is perched in the cat tower sleeping or washing.
I am amazed at how long one cat can wash for!!!! she goes on for hours sometimes. But i cant walk past her without at least a little tickle behind the ears!!!
Feel so sorry for her cos she could have had the msot awfull life, and the poor baby cant tell us.

She did play with the cat roundabout toy today which i was really pleased about.

sometiems there are some people who just deserve THE BIGGEST kick in the shins ever. and thats being polite about it.

Catsey Junior

24-02-2006, 10:55 PM   #45

Your Vet Could Not See You For 7 Days! My Vet Mill See Me Same Morning And The Pratise Is Huge Lose Of Cats And Dog.

Sorry Can Not Help You On The Hipples>

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
25-02-2006, 03:30 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK
well if she does ahve kittens we will cope.
I'll be making a big fuss of her and my kids adore her. Elliot laughs so much when she headbutts him. she wrey of me a little still, and dont yet know what she like with men, she only once come to me for a fuss. mostly she is perched in the cat tower sleeping or washing.
I am amazed at how long one cat can wash for!!!! she goes on for hours sometimes. But i cant walk past her without at least a little tickle behind the ears!!!
Feel so sorry for her cos she could have had the msot awfull life, and the poor baby cant tell us.

She did play with the cat roundabout toy today which i was really pleased about.

sometiems there are some people who just deserve THE BIGGEST kick in the shins ever. and thats being polite about it.
Know what you mean about the most awful life: when I got Patches I was her 5th (at least!) home: she had obviously never been brushed & cringed when I tried to do it; also had never been allowed on furniture, apparently, when she saw Dandy or Misty jump on the sofa, etc., she looked at me with the most astounded expression, as if to say "Aren't you going to swat them?" Enough to break your heart Thank God PF has found a forever home with you...

Catsey Veteran

25-02-2006, 06:52 AM   #47

well my other cats go where they like, on the sofa on the ebds, Mr darcy even gets IN the beds. They have free range of the home, as should be where possible.
Mind you I dont much like twix's new found habbit of peeing in my bath!!! I have seen him doing it the last 3-4 nights, never known him do it before. Needless to say the bath now gets disenfected before anyone gets in it lol.

PF is eating well, small amounts here and there, and seems to prefer the dry food over wet. I am leaving it down all the time for her, but it's kinda not good for chubby boy oatmeal, he meant to be on a slight diet.

HAve tried getting him more active but he dont wnna know.

PF still pooping on the floor though, despite me putting a litter tray down. She wee's in it, soi cant figure out where the rpoblem is, maybe she doenst liek the litter, but thats y i changed to wooden.
Cos she keeps going on newspaper am going to try lining bottom of tray with it.
Other than that i'm stumped how to get her to use the litter tray all the time.

oh well, enough waffling

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Moggies
25-02-2006, 10:22 AM   #48

CJ, sorry to go slightly off subject - you mention Twix weeing in the bath. This can be a sign of cysitis, and is more common in males, so he needs to see the vet - some will give you tablets without a urine sample, some need a sample before they can give you anything, so might be worth ringing first. As for her not using a tray for pooing, if she is happy pooing on newspaper, just put newspaper in one tray, and if she starts using it then, gradually introduce litter.

Catsey Veteran

25-02-2006, 01:12 PM   #49

thanks for the advice, i'll get twix an apopintment, problem i got is theyre now shut until monday. Only open 9.15 -9.45 saturdays.
I thought he was doing it cos he was shut in ( had to lock the cat flap so princess can't get out)
But best to be on the safe side now i know.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 of the most gorgeous moggiebeasts
25-02-2006, 02:07 PM   #50

I have to say she looks astonishingly comfortable in the pictures I've seen of her, CJK. Ninja still only looks like that when I'm petting him (which he decided yesterday he's allowing me to do again ) - although clearly their lives have been different.

I'm guessing Mr Darcy's presence might also be helping her. I hope Twix is ok and I agree with your vets that it should be easier for them to tell if she's pregnant by next Friday - given she's not about to pop out a litter I'm not so fussed that they asked you to wait to be honest. If it were an emergency, I would be, but it doesn't strike me as one given you're feeding her top of the range stuff.

She'll hopefully soon learn not to be afraid. Have you tried taking her upstairs and then fussing her, or is she a bit nervous about being fussed, still?