Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Banned

Cats owned: N/A
10-09-2009, 11:03 PM   #41

Re: Missing Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaG

I would rather see all animals in a natural environment but that is not the world we live in, us humans (and that is all of us) have destroyed the natural habitat for a lot of wild animals. We live in houses where there was once fields/woods/forests, we drive on roads that where once fields/woods/forests etc. Their environment is diminishing because of our actions, I do not think badly of somebody who would give a good home to any animal.
Fantastic point!

Banned

10-09-2009, 11:10 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderdawn
Oh my word what planet do you live on?

If you think a Wolf looks like a Husky, then a trip to specsavers in in line and if you think they look like them god help you if you think they act like them!

Thank god Random is here, she is about the only one with enough sense and EXPERIENCE of said threads to cast a genuine eye over this, for petes sake Catwoman, you really have no idea do you?
Lol, I respect you Borderdawn...

The wolves I have seen are very like my sisters Huskies! (Gosh better watch my spelling).
The only difference I could see was wolves are slighlty bigger! (Physically)
Behaviour is a totally different subject...
I have an open mind, can I ask have you read ALL the thread?

Banned

10-09-2009, 11:17 PM   #43

Quote:
Oh my word what planet do you live on.

Thank god Random is here, she is about the only one with enough sense and EXPERIENCE of said threads to cast a genuine eye over this, for petes sake Catwoman, you really have no idea do you?
Just because I haven't been on Catsey long, does not mean I know nothing
I could really take offense to this post of yours, but I will turn the other cheek... l
I have spent years in animal welfare,vet nursing etc. Yes, I only have cats as pets (not an animal collector), but have experience with dogs through work and family...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
10-09-2009, 11:18 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by catwoman999
Lol, I respect you Borderdawn...

The wolves I have seen are very like my sisters Huskies! (Gosh better watch my spelling).
The only difference I could see was wolves are slighlty bigger! (Physically)
Behaviour is a totally different subject...
I have an open mind, can I ask have you read ALL the thread?
Oh yes I certainly have. Let me tell you just two of the things that happened when Wolfdogs (low wolf content) came into the UK. One was so terrified, just like a Wolf, it escaped and gave birth to pups in a hole in the middle of knowhere, fortunately close enough to be kept an eye on, it was weeks before she was even seen! Another reverted to Wolf and became aggressive, you see thats what happens when you cross with DOMESTIC breeds, the Wolf aggression surfaces but unlike in the wild its directed at humans, this dog had to be SHOT, yes SHOT it was so dangerous, still think that are all fine?

Wolves are wild animals not pets, people live in cuckoo land and quite honestly must have little respect for these animals if they want to "tame" them, its quite distasteful to me. How cool is it? Would you feel the same if I said I had a Leopard in my house, but he's a pussycat? You'd think I was NUTS!! This "fad" will end in tears, it has already with such a small number being present here, as I said not wishing to be rude, but you really have no idea if you think Wolf is like Dog! Everything Wolf was removed to make Dog, of course some characteristics will remain, but I fear for people who think they have something "cool" just like with Pit Bulls, it will go tits up!

Banned

10-09-2009, 11:21 PM   #45

Good night, think I should leave it there.
I just hope this domesticated wolf on the loose in Ireland is not shot/pts through peoples ignorance. Which was my main point on this thread!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
10-09-2009, 11:22 PM   #46

All i will say on the subject is that any animal wether cat, dog husky or wold can be dangerous unless it is handled correctly. But what ever the animal is you can never prodict how they are always going to behave. This is not a dig but i cant spell tonight i am still shook up.

Banned

10-09-2009, 11:28 PM   #47

Quote:
Oh yes I certainly have. Let me tell you just two of the things that happened when Wolfdogs (low wolf content) came into the UK. One was so terrified, just like a Wolf, it escaped and gave birth to pups in a hole in the middle of knowhere, fortunately close enough to be kept an eye on, it was weeks before she was even seen! Another reverted to Wolf and became aggressive, you see thats what happens when you cross with DOMESTIC breeds, the Wolf aggression surfaces but unlike in the wild its directed at humans, this dog had to be SHOT, yes SHOT it was so dangerous, still think that are all fine?

Wolves are wild animals not pets, people live in cuckoo land and quite honestly must have little respect for these animals if they want to "tame" them, its quite distasteful to me. How cool is it? Would you feel the same if I said I had a Leopard in my house, but he's a pussycat? You'd think I was NUTS!! This "fad" will end in tears, it has already with such a small number being present here, as I said not wishing to be rude, but you really have no idea if you think Wolf is like Dog! Everything Wolf was removed to make Dog, of course some characteristics will remain, but I fear for people who think they have something "cool" just like with Pit Bulls, it will go tits up!
I have never mentioned that crossing dog/wolf is a good idea, and do not support that action AT ALL !!!!!
I THINK YOU HAVE GONE OFF AT A TANGENT HERE!!!!
And I don't think Joe public should have wolves as pets.
My mind boggles, trying to put words in my mouth just like Random did.....

Catsey Veteran

10-09-2009, 11:34 PM   #48

Quote:
I have never mentioned that crossing dog/wolf is a good idea, and do not support that action AT ALL !!!!!
I THINK YOU HAVE GONE OFF AT A TANGENT HERE!!!!
And I don't think Joe public should have wolves as pets.
My mind boggles, trying to put words in my mouth just like Random did.....
Ahhh I gotcha, you can have a full wolf as a pet but not one crossed with a PET dog! Thats ace!!!!!

Catsey Veteran

10-09-2009, 11:36 PM   #49

Quote:
Good night, think I should leave it there.
I just hope this domesticated wolf on the loose in Ireland is not shot/pts through peoples ignorance. Which was my main point on this thread!!!
Yep, domesticated did you say, well trained? did I hear it had escaped? Not too "domestic" is it?

Banned

10-09-2009, 11:39 PM   #50

Quote:
Ahhh I gotcha, you can have a full wolf as a pet but not one crossed with a PET dog! Thats ace!!!!!
Nope, wrong again Borderdawn.
I think I said "Joe public should not have wolves as pets". No mention of crosses lol.
Not like you Dawn you are usually far more accurate.
I DID respect you alot