Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
08-06-2007, 10:32 PM   #41

Re: What do we all do....................?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
Then out paths probably have crossed at some point then
I would have been the very pleasant, happy one behind the bandit screen
Yeah right! Bet you were the one I used to walk away whispering to Robert 'wasn't she a stroppy so and so'

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
08-06-2007, 10:39 PM   #42

lol @ Alex and Elaine !!!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
08-06-2007, 10:47 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgirl73
Yeah right! Bet you were the one I used to walk away whispering to Robert 'wasn't she a stroppy so and so'
I bet Elaine was the one who short changed you once as well Alex!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
08-06-2007, 10:49 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgirl73
That couldnt possibly have been me
I remember one day when all these lads were in to chash their giros, 3 in a row had been re-called by the DSS and I had been the one to take them in. When I shouted "next please", the rest of the guys were pushing eachother to go next as no one wanted to come to me incase I took their giros off them too

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
09-06-2007, 08:31 AM   #45

I'm a brood bitch supervisor for Guide Dogs - which means I am responsible for the health & welfare of the bitches on the Guide dog breeding programme. Been there since I was 18.. (1992) & I love it!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: SHD x3 and LHD X1
09-06-2007, 10:20 AM   #46

I have just finished my 3 year course (Early Childhood Studies)at Swansea Uni, but have been working part time in a nursery, looking after lots of cute children!

I am hoping to do a PGCE within the next two years, so that I can train to be a teacher.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: moggies
09-06-2007, 11:06 AM   #47

They do say that everyone in the world is conneccted by 6 degrees of separation.

for Alex & Elaine

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
09-06-2007, 05:06 PM   #48

My frist Job was as a waitress when I was at school,then I worked behind the bar at the same place when I turned 18,I left when I was 19,it was to much working full time at the co-op then working 4 evenings a night behind the bar.
My first full time Job was at Co-op Travel where I worked from when I was 17 untill 21.
I now work as a health care assistant in a treatment and assesment unit for people with learning dissabilites and challenging behaviour,I am hoping to do my nurese traing here and qualify as a RN in either learning dissabilities or mental health

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
09-06-2007, 07:38 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
Its not what you do, its who you are that matters

Well said Elaine!!!!!

I'm glad I started this thread; it's really interesting to see what we all did/do. We really are a mixed bunch!!! lol

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
09-06-2007, 11:39 PM   #50

You know I missed this completly
I work for BQ - have done for 21 years will be 22 this Nov. started PT on the checkouts, then progressed to full time in the cash office, moved to the sales floor as such on paint and paper. became a Supervisor then a Department Manager. Took time out to do secondments - setting up news stores. Then went into colleges to tutor in NVQ's as BQ pionered that along with MS. then back to stores as an Assistant Manager. Had a 3 month stint in China setting up stores there came back chugged along, went back out on secondment to head office doing line drawings -ie where everything goes on the shelves. Came back into stores and decided the traveling was to much so stepped down to Supervisor in a warehouse 3 minutes from home (walking) less stress/strain/responsibilty.
Before BQ I worked at FineFare (supermarket remember them) I was acheckout operator and cash office clerk. They closed down and I worked for my Dad painting decorating,renovating old properties really. I can tile, paper, paint, lay floors and floor tiles, have been known to fit
doors/sinks/toilets/washing machines - etc
Then joined BQ and stayed.