Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
12-03-2006, 03:20 PM   #51

Re: Shopping List For CJ

well you never know we may HAVE to go to wales for a holiday a few months later too lol Taking a long a nice big pet cage in the boot of course, equiped with cat ebds blankets etc!!

I ahve definatly fallen in love with those colour points!!! soooo gorgeous

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
12-03-2006, 03:59 PM   #52

My kittens have gone all over the country. Last year I took 4 down to Bristol. 2 to my friend who lives in Bristol and the other 2 went to a lovely couple who lived in Kent. They came and picked them up from my friends.

Catsey Veteran

12-03-2006, 04:29 PM   #53

OH NOW SHE TELLS ME

Kay, you're REALLY teasing me now arent you, you're just TRYING to be suttle about talking me into getting one arent you???

I dont need much persuasion I can tell you!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll & Moggy
12-03-2006, 04:39 PM   #54

hi Cj
just thought i would let you know what i done with Scarlott it was also her first litter (not mine though seen kittens and lots of pups born) it didn't go right to plan as i had ppl in and out for the last 2 weeks of her preg cos things need doing to the house before it can be sold.

well i places a nice large box (i bought a heated whelping box but it get to warm for Scarlott in there) with blankets and heat pad in, in my room. with a litter try at the other end of my room. when out i would lock her in the room but when at home she had the run of the house. the day she was due nothing seamed to be happening and i was getting ready for bed. i was on Cp just saying nothing is happening today see u all in the morning when she jumped on my lap and cried and leg was wet so i know things had started.
i took her to my room but there was no way she was going in her box so i let her do what she wanted i just laid back and kept an eye on her. as labour progressed she was getting a little worried and kept going to the litter (it was clean) and i know that she was going to have the first 1 there so i just kept a close eye on her. at about 3.30am she had her first litter in the litter tray. the kitten was out but still attached to her so i picked them both up and placed her in her box. there was no sign of the after birth so i cute the cord with my nails (its very easy to do) and dried the kitten off Scarlott then washed him loads. the after birth soon followed and she was not impressed with it at all so that went straight in the bin. then every 45 mins a kitten was born but i had to do the cord myself on them all as she didn't even try and all after births went in the bin.

as soon as she has finished she cleaned her babies and went to sleep. we have had the odd worring times since when i go to check on them all and no 1 is in the box so she in now locked in there when no 1 is at home and at night but though the day its open but my room door is closed.

the other day i went to check on them all fine i came down to feed her and by the time i took her blow back up they had all gone it took me 2 hours to find them all as i had let my room door open, she had moved them all to my sons room and hidden them down the side of his bed she was eating her dinner while Minx was baby sitting them all lol

Catsey Veteran

12-03-2006, 04:44 PM   #55

aww bless!

thanks for sharing that with me,it all helps to hear about others experiences. Well only the good oens at this point or i'll be freaking out lol

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
12-03-2006, 05:00 PM   #56

Lovely to read x

Catsey Veteran

12-03-2006, 07:43 PM   #57

Sounds like a very normal delivery to me Natalie. Well done Scarlett. Leila was the best last year. She never made a sound I just noticed a little discharge so thought I would take her up to my room ready. I just went to get a drink before going upstairs and in the 3 mins it must have taken me I came back into the front room to find Leila plus kitten no.1 being washed with the cord cut and Toby my kitten I lost in with them. She then proceded to have the other 3 in quick succession only taking 1 and a half hours to deliver all 4. She then was taken upstairs and put in the kittening pen that had been so carefully prepared for the birth. She settled down and was the best mother ever even fostering another kitten.

Catsey Veteran

12-03-2006, 07:45 PM   #58

so if she DOES go into the cat pen it's a bonus and pure luck lol

Global Moderator

12-03-2006, 07:46 PM   #59

Aww that was nice Kay.....I like hearing kittening stories....

Catsey Veteran

12-03-2006, 08:05 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK
so if she DOES go into the cat pen it's a bonus and pure luck lol
No it just happened this way because delivery was so quick.

Thanks Mags so do I.