Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
22-03-2009, 10:39 PM   #51

Re: Bluebell is poorly

So sorry to read this Kelly.....Thoughts with you...xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
22-03-2009, 11:03 PM   #52

Very sorry Kelly xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
23-03-2009, 09:50 AM   #53

All good wishes for you and your two loved ones Kelly.
This is where you will see how your girls will come up trumps, and John of course.
Take care and we'll appreciate a report whenever you can find time but put yourself first x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
23-03-2009, 10:47 AM   #54

dear Smudgely, I'm hoping your dad gets better and that poor Bluebell continues to improve. x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
23-03-2009, 11:09 AM   #55

Kelly - I'm so sorry to be responding so late; I've only just seen your thread. I'm hoping too that Bluebell continues to get better - surely being a bit brighter in herself is a good thing.

You must be so very worried about your Dad though. It's especially scary when the symptoms are baffling the doctors. Very best wishes to Bluebell and your Dad.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
23-03-2009, 12:31 PM   #56

I've booked a few days off work so I can concentrate on Bluebells drugs and ensure we have time for vets appoinments & hospital visiting.

Have been to the vets this morning.

Bluebell is fairly bright.

Although the blood results showed nothing too alarming,her RBC count was high & the vet has taken more blood today, but it was thick & was clotting straight away as he was taking it. He did get enough to send away though.

She had another enema & when we got home we did a big poo. So I am chuffed about that. Just need a wee now & we will be over a huge hurdle. She has not urinated by herself since at least last Wed. She had her bladder emptied by the vet on Saturday but still hasn't been by herself.

She is not eating & is looing weight, but is taking liquid food by syringe & is keeping it down.

She is far from well, but the improvements are encouraging. Bluebell is coping well, much better than my purse is!

I spoke to the referal clinic today & explained that we had decided on Saturday that euthanasia may be kinder, however my vet suggested we give her the weekend & she is responding to treatment & were they happy for me to continue being treated at my local practice for now & come back to them at a later date if needed. She said that was fine & they would keep Bluebells details on file if we need to get in touch again.

Dad was more settled & alert last night, although still got abdominal pain & his breathing is still not right. He has 5 IV lines in him, a catheter & a tube into his stomach via his nose. So as you can imagine, it's not nice seeing him like this. They have got his blood sugar level down to normal now which is a good thing.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
23-03-2009, 12:34 PM   #57

Hang on in there Smudgley - we're all with you.

Poor little BabyBlue - I'm pleased to hear she has made an improvement - she has youth on her side.
All the best to your Dad. Hopefully Monday and full lab and medical staff will mean they will get closer to identifying the problem ... and once they have done that they can see about sorting it.
x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-03-2009, 12:47 PM   #58

Sending healing thought to your dad and to Bluebell, and calming thought for you and the rest of your family Smudgley.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
23-03-2009, 02:40 PM   #59

Oh dear Kelly, I've only just seen your thread too.. So very sorry to hear of all the worry you are having at the moment...

Poor Bluebell, what a rough time she is going through...... my hopes and prayers are with you all that she will come through this.

So sorry to hear about your Dad too, another shock for you.. I sincerely hope the medical staff can find out the cause and start treating him.

My very best wishes to your Dad and Bluebell and comforting thoughts to you and your family.. xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
23-03-2009, 03:06 PM   #60

I keep popping on to see if there are any updates. I'm keeping everything crossed for you all Kelly, and hope for swift diagnoses for both of them xx