Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
05-02-2009, 04:44 PM   #51

Re: What breed of dog?

I am being made to sound like I have a bottle and keep people in it until needed Although maybe summoned is the right word............on this occasion.Thanks for popping on Min, I very much appreciate your input.Karen

Cats owned: None just now
05-02-2009, 04:51 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
I am being made to sound like I have a bottle and keep people in it until needed Although maybe summoned is the right word............on this occasion.Thanks for popping on Min, I very much appreciate your input.Karen
Not at all Kazz I don't put my nose through the Catsey door very often, wish I had more time to pop in now and then

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
05-02-2009, 04:52 PM   #53

There are three main coat types found in Labradoodles. The hair coat, that may range from flat and straight to wavy or curly. This coat may have a similar look to a Labrador that may feather at the tail, legs and face. This generation needs little to no grooming, every so often a professional bath and brush out with tiding up the face and feet. This coat type will shed to different degrees, depending on the coat style. The fleece coat looks more like an angora coat. This generation has a single coat that is soft and curly. There should be no shedding, but there is no guarantee that there will be no shedding. This coat type needs a bit more up keep, it is best to get your dog on a grooming schedule for a weekly brushing and professional grooming every 6 to 8 weeks. The last coat type is the woolly coat, this coat is similar to a Standard Poodle coat. This coat is dense and plush, but the curls are not as tight as a Standard Poodle. As with the fleece coat this coat needs to be groomed and brushed on a regular basis.

Not all Labradoodles are hypo-allergenic and non-shedding, this depends on the different generations and coat types. As stated above F1 Labradoodles will shed to different degrees. This generation is not hypo-allergenic and is not a good choice for a family that has allergies. A F1B Labradoodle is a better choice for a family that has allergies. This coat has more of the Standard Poodle coat which produces a more non-shedding coat.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
05-02-2009, 06:13 PM   #54

Thanks Kazz, Mini and Natalie. Your genies are excellent information sources Kazz - both Dawn and Mini have given great information of their favoured breeds. I love the look of little Chloe - what a determined little character she sounds!

Thanks for the info on coats too Natalie - I admit that I hadn't realised that it was that complicated.

What I need now is somewhere, like a Dog Show, that I can go and see BTs, mini Schnauzers and Labradoodles in the flesh and speak to their people.

Catsey Veteran

05-02-2009, 06:14 PM   #55

You need to go to Crufts discover dogs....

Catsey Veteran

05-02-2009, 06:16 PM   #56

Although not sure any labradoodles at Crufts....I stand to be corrected........though.Other than that try the breed clubs near you.

Catsey Veteran

05-02-2009, 09:21 PM   #57

I think I may have found my love .......

Doesn't this little face make your heart melt?

Catsey Veteran

05-02-2009, 09:36 PM   #58

Oh, I'm getting more confused about the labradoodles as I found an American website which said that Australian labradoodles are purebreeds but that American doodles are cross breeds. Does this just mean the difference in the length of time they have been bred and that the Australian doodle now breeds true to form?

Think I'm 90% sure about my choice now though anyway - the black and silver mini Schnauzer (as above). OH seems to be keen too and has even told his mum!

Catsey Veteran

05-02-2009, 09:39 PM   #59

Yes the picture does make your heart melt.......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
05-02-2009, 10:06 PM   #60

Lovely - only came across one in my lifetime and loved him/her to bits. I want the one in the pic - my heart has gone!!

I have a booklet from KC with all dog shows in it - if you want to pm me your nearest big town I'll hunt thru for some shows for you to go have a look. - edit - skip that one - it is only scottish venues - soz!