Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
27-06-2010, 07:43 AM   #51

Re: Stray cat - "Squiffy"

Angie, you're doing all you can but there comes a time when you are morally Sqiffy's 'owner' and it seems that he has adopted you ! Sure you'll think as I did, what if thers's a distraught owner but hey I think, if the owner was concerned there'd be flyers around the place, the local vets would have been notified just as I did when we lost Posh. Don't beat yourself up, I think you have done all you can. He's "yours" now

Told you he'd get his feet under your table, so glad Pip and Kizzy have taken to him also,

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
27-06-2010, 09:56 AM   #52

Can't believe the speed of the response from the owner of this website. I contacted him last evening and Squiffy is here is on the front page!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
27-06-2010, 11:05 AM   #53

Well, thats a good way to get his face known but I'm hoping that he's not claimed coz he's become quite a Catsey cat now but if he is reunited I'm sure you'd want to have a word with the owner about his 'fruitfulness' eh

Catsey Veteran

27-06-2010, 01:03 PM   #54

Absolutely, PP! I got a bit worried last evening, reading Yola's post about males being done later in life and retaining their "furry bits" but with nothing indoors! I had a second thought and wondered if I would be a complete fool and find that he'd already been done. Checked this morning - no - he is definitely potentially "fruitful"!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
27-06-2010, 03:51 PM   #55

If someone comes forward to claim him ask to see a photo of him....just a thought.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
27-06-2010, 03:52 PM   #56

Amazingly quick response from that site. If that doesn't bring a response looks as if he'll join the family.

Catsey Veteran

27-06-2010, 09:32 PM   #57

Squiffy has been around a lot today. He is helping out by eating the cat food that my two refuse - all good stuff too! I felt really mean shutting him outside tonight. He's been nose to nose with Kizzy today without any hissing on her part.

We had a wee hiccup this morning, he was rolling around in the hallway and I was stroking him, all fine then he started doing the same just by the back door and I was again stroking him and he clawed my arm and bit my other arm, neither badly and hardly broke this skin - he ran off immediately. Had I got too close? Does he still have reservations about how close to let himself get to us, not quite trusting ............ ?

He's been back for his supper though!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
27-06-2010, 10:15 PM   #58

Do you think he just got a bit excited Angie?? Arthur will claw/bite Martin but only when he gets really excited (and he is the softest cat I have ever known!!)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
27-06-2010, 10:20 PM   #59

It sounds like he was just being excited. I know how you feel about shutting him out, its the same with Mr Tomsk.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
27-06-2010, 10:41 PM   #60

Angie, I think whole toms sometimes do that when they get overstimulated. Happened to me once when ptting a lovely old tom years ago.