Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
10-09-2009, 11:41 PM   #51

Re: Missing Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by catwoman999
Just because I haven't been on Catsey long, does not mean I know nothing
I could really take offense to this post of yours, but I will turn the other cheek... l
I have spent years in animal welfare,vet nursing etc. Yes, I only have cats as pets (not an animal collector), but have experience with dogs through work and family...
Didnt say you knew nothing, but you do seem ignorant to the OBVIOUS dangers here. We all have experience of DOMESTIC animals on here, Ive managed a kennels and cattery for 17yrs, but even so, and boarding wolfy "types" I wouldnt suggest that a Wolf is no more dangerous than a Husky, in fact our mnost dangerous dog ever boarded WAS a Husky!

Banned

Cats owned: N/A
10-09-2009, 11:42 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderdawn
Yep, domesticated did you say, well trained? did I hear it had escaped? Not too "domestic" is it?
Huskies escape from time to time (cos they have that call of the wild, bred to run) does that mean they are not domesticated? They should be shot? Think not

Banned

10-09-2009, 11:49 PM   #53

Quote:
Didnt say you knew nothing, but you do seem ignorant to the OBVIOUS dangers here. We all have experience of DOMESTIC animals on here, Ive managed a kennels and cattery for 17yrs, but even so, and boarding wolfy "types" I wouldnt suggest that a Wolf is no more dangerous than a Husky, in fact our mnost dangerous dog ever boarded WAS a Husky!
I agree.... I didn't say ALL wolves are not dangerous. Not once did I say that.... ALL dogs are dangerous if they have irresponsible owners and little training... Oh, I know and sure I said on this thread Huskies are deffo not a pet for the lazy owner (not in those words). Very high maintenance!!!!
Again I could take issue with your wording here. I am not ignorant at all, just arguing the case that things are not balck and white. And sometimes there will be a need for wolves to be kept not in the wild!!!! I am not at all wanting it to become a "fad" as you said.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
10-09-2009, 11:51 PM   #54

This thread is crazy!

Catsey Veteran

10-09-2009, 11:53 PM   #55

Quote:
Nope, wrong again Borderdawn.
I think I said "Joe public should not have wolves as pets". No mention of crosses lol.
Not like you Dawn you are usually far more accurate.
I DID respect you alot
Acurate? Im spot on here, I read your posts A wee rundown:
Quote:
Wolves and Huskies are very similar looking, and hard to tell apart, so people may have assumed it was a Huskie that this person was keeping...
Thats wrong, anyone who has an inkling of dogs would know the difference immediately.

Quote:
WRONG!!!!!! My sister has two 'SIBERIAN HUSKIES' that she has shown at crufts and are well trained. Her male friend has wolves, and when they are out walking them together, to a lay person like me (not a dog person) theY are very hard to tell apart!!!!
Now Id LOVE to see the pics, how about we play a game? You post the pics and we guess which is the dog and which is the Wolf?

Quote:
As i explained I am not a dog person
but then you said:
Quote:
but have experience with dogs through work and family...
Im confused, you do or you dont?

Quote:
The call for freedom is strong in wolves and Huskies, thats why they run off at every chance they get, the main reason they make difficult pets to handle...
Too much TV, the Wolf may "call for freedom" but thats because its where he should be, FREE!

Quote:
In Britain you are allowed a special licence for a Wolf, but you are NEVER permitted to keep pit bull types!!!! So some dogs are considered more dangerous than a wolf. Case closed, me thinks
Would that be a special WILD animal lisence, or a PET lisence?

Quote:
There is not a HUGE physical difference in a wolf and huskie...
But a huge difference in a wee lovely moggie and a tiger Poor arguement SORRY!!!!!
Oh, what about the Asian Leopard Cat, The Oncilla, the Fishing Cat etc.... no big difference with the size there is there, of course Bengal Cats having been crossed with the Asian leopard Cat are among the highest in rescue, most with behaviour issues associated with their breeding and being unsuited as pets, ever thought of that and why that may be?

So thats why I am so sure you are not clued up on your arguments, nor on the whole understanding of some of your statements, they read very badly to me Im afraid. No disrespect or offence intended, but if you read the excerpts you will see what I mean.

Catsey Veteran

10-09-2009, 11:56 PM   #56

Quote:
Huskies escape from time to time (cos they have that call of the wild, bred to run) does that mean they are not domesticated? They should be shot? Think not
ANY dog will escape, however the Husky runs because thats what it was designed to do, let an Afghan loose you would never see most again, Wolf like? Not really when you think about it, wouldnt confuse an Afghan with a Wolf!!

Banned

11-09-2009, 12:05 AM   #57

Quote:
Acurate? Im spot on here, I read your posts A wee rundown:

Thats wrong, anyone who has an inkling of dogs would know the difference immediately.

I am not the only one who thinks they look similar particlarly the working Husky...
Now Id LOVE to see the pics, how about we play a game? You post the pics and we guess which is the dog and which is the Wolf?

but then you said:
Im confused, you do or you dont?

I am not a dog owner, I am a cat owner thus a cat person not a dog person Simple really! But have had experience with dogs in vet surgery and family own dogs, Huskies my sister and staffies my aunt.
Too much TV, the Wolf may "call for freedom" but thats because its where he should be, FREE!

Stupid, doesn't deserve an answer...
Would that be a special WILD animal lisence, or a PET lisence?

Haven't a clue lol. Shot me for not knowing... But a licence they can get indeed.
Oh, what about the Asian Leopard Cat, The Oncilla, the Fishing Cat etc.... no big difference with the size there is there, of course Bengal Cats having been crossed with the Asian leopard Cat are among the highest in rescue, most with behaviour issues associated with their breeding and being unsuited as pets, ever thought of that and why that may be?

Again, I said wild animals should not be kept as pets. Unless there is a good reason they are not in the wild.

So thats why I am so sure you are not clued up on your arguments, nor on the whole understanding of some of your statements, they read very badly to me Im afraid. No disrespect or offence intended, but if you read the excerpts you will see what I mean.
I do not read bad!!! See my answers above in red...
You are just nit picking and taking things out of context, to try and win an argument lol
But then you are the only one allowed to be knowledgable Borderdawn eh??? So sorry for an having opinion

Maybe I have to be a member for 2 years on Catsey before I can advise or have an opinion!!! I will keep away from dog, sorry wolf threads in future, cos I am not worthy....Random pulled you over here from other forum to get my head on a stick.
You have been so rude and insulting to me. ALSO DEEPLY PERSONAL FROM YOUR VERY FIRST POSTING ON THIS THREAD TOWARDS ME. But I realise YOU get away with that cos you are time served...
I can be a bit too straight forward sometimes in my posts... But wow, do I look like a pussy cat....

I realise I shouldn't have debated for soooo long, but really felt I was backed into a corner to defend myself.
I was ready to leave the thread, when you called me out...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
11-09-2009, 12:12 AM   #58

I dont want too upset anyone but i have asked for the thread to be closed. If a guest looking for advice see's this argument they will not join. I know everbody has the right to an oppion but enough is enough.

Please close this thread. Where adults and we need to act like it. Sorry if i offend anyone

Catsey Veteran

11-09-2009, 09:50 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by kado
I dont want too upset anyone but i have asked for the thread to be closed. If a guest looking for advice see's this argument they will not join. I know everbody has the right to an oppion but enough is enough.

Please close this thread. Where adults and we need to act like it. Sorry if i offend anyone
There are several "threads" that should be closed IMO Kado!

Catsey Veteran

11-09-2009, 09:55 AM   #60

Quote:
I do not read bad!!! See my answers above in red...
You are just nit picking and taking things out of context, to try and win an argument lol
But then you are the only one allowed to be knowledgable Borderdawn eh??? So sorry for an having opinion
Maybe I have to be a member for 2 years on Catsey before I can advise or have an opinion!!! I will keep away from dog, sorry wolf threads in future, cos I am not worthy....Random pulled you over here from other forum to get my head on a stick.
You have been so rude and insulting to me. ALSO DEEPLY PERSONAL FROM YOUR VERY FIRST POSTING ON THIS THREAD TOWARDS ME. But I realise YOU get away with that cos you are time served...
I can be a bit too straight forward sometimes in my posts... But wow, do I look like a pussy cat....
I realise I shouldn't have debated for soooo long, but really felt I was backed into a corner to defend myself.
I was ready to leave the thread, when you called me out...
If you think Random told me about the thread you ar WRONG, I watched it develop and watched a member of Dogsey be called names when she was the ONLY one that really knew anything having been part of wolf/wolfdog discussions on Dogsey for years, then I stepped in when obvious ignorance was taking over!

Now before I believe anything else you say Catwoman, answer me this, on another pet forum on which you are BANNED, you state one time you are a veterinary nurse, but then later, elsewhere you state you "dropped out" of training, which is it? One of my pet hates is lying, and Im struggling with you. Please accept my apologies if I am wrong and I have the wrong person, but Im fairly sure i dont.