Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
01-03-2006, 10:34 PM   #51

Re: Names

Fingers crossed here too! So far the names that have clicked with me are Maxwell, Oliver & Rowan. And yes, in my experience ginger toms are always large & dignified...my first cat my parents let me name, and as he was a wee frisky kitten, got named Scamper...disaster!! He lived with that ridiculous name for 18 years!!

Catsey Veteran

02-03-2006, 03:55 AM   #52

Oh, just thought of anther one: Akbar! Cat down the street was called that; he was a large, vocal brown tabby..don't know what it means, but will look it up.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 of the most gorgeous moggiebeasts
02-03-2006, 03:14 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Oh, just thought of anther one: Akbar! Cat down the street was called that; he was a large, vocal brown tabby..don't know what it means, but will look it up.
Admiral Akhbar is a character from the original Star Wars trilogy...

Catsey Veteran

02-03-2006, 10:35 PM   #54

Maybe that's who he was named after; didn't know as I have never watched Star Wars. Somewhere in the back of my mind is something about India in the pre-Raj days; haven't gotten around to checking it yet. I've never been very original at naming cats, so am really enjoying reading you all's inventiveness !!

Catsey Veteran

02-03-2006, 11:03 PM   #55

I did finally check out Akbar, and he was a very famous Mughul emperor of India in the 16th century, about co-terminous with Elizabeth I. Good name, but I still like Maxwell!