Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
23-03-2009, 03:57 PM   #61

Re: Bluebell is poorly

I'm keeping everything crossed too; prayers for your Dad and Bluebell, lots of healing vibes. xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
23-03-2009, 08:01 PM   #62

Sending healing thoughts to your Dad and Bluebell too.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
23-03-2009, 11:18 PM   #63

Went back to the vets at 5.20pm. blood results were better, the (can't remember) was a better reading & that's the one that shows damaged tissue / cells are being repaired, this was a better reading indicating that there has been some healing going on, which again points to a trauma. He drained her bladder & it was a lovely healthy colour, no blood. When he drained it on Saturday it was dark red/brown (gross!) so I am chuffed that her urine is normal. All the other blood results were ok, just her RBC count was a little high, but better than before. She still isn't eating & was slightly deydrated, but has had no IV fluids today & I haven't been giving her fluids via syringe, only food (which is mainly water) So I will ensure she has lectade often too. Back again tomorrow. I just wish she would do a wee! Vet was concerned incase there is some bladder paralysis, but I hope not.

Our other 3 cats are not eating that well & Lilly is definately not right at all. Can't cope with more poorly people or animals, but have to take Lilly tomorrow too.

Dad was much better when I first arrived today, but then had an episode of breathing problems & pain again, so not sure what is going on.

So to sum up, it's ups and downs all the time really, one minute you feel things are good, then not so good.

Thanks again for your good wishes. x

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
23-03-2009, 11:30 PM   #64

I'm pleased to hear there's been some improvement with Bluebell and am keeping my fingers crossed it continues...

It's worrying that your other cats are under the weather too, I hope it's nothing serious.. ....... please let us know how Lilly gets on tomorrow at the vets...

More healing vibes being sent to your Dad, I hope the docs can pinpoint the problem soon.

Stay strong Kelly.... (((hugs)))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
24-03-2009, 12:25 AM   #65

I am so pleased to hear that there has been some improvement in Bluebells condition, and wishing her a speedy recovery.

Hope that there is nothing wrong with your other 3 cats, hopefully it is just a case of they can sense your upset and are feeling abit of your stress.

Wishing your dad lots of good health vibes and hope he feels alot better soon Xxx.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
24-03-2009, 02:02 AM   #66

Bluebell's signs sound better, encouraging; and I agree your stress may be rubbing off on the others...they are so good at sensing moods. Do let us know how TL is tomorrow, hope she's OK. And still sending healing vibes for your Dad.....(((hugs)))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
24-03-2009, 10:13 AM   #67

Just lots of xxxs and ((hugs))
It'll work out somehow - it always does.
It's amazing what we (all of us, humans, animals) can survive.
Take care

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
24-03-2009, 11:25 AM   #68

Best wishes to you Dad.

Glad Bluebelle is slightly improved.

Best wishes to you all Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
24-03-2009, 02:06 PM   #69

Thinking about you and your family, both human and feline Smudgley. Take care - hope things continue to improve.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
25-03-2009, 11:59 PM   #70

Bluebell is continuing to improve, slowly.

Dad is home from hospital today, although very weak & still unwell.

Tiger Lilly Pumpnin had a herniated rupture near her spay site, which is why she was off-colour & not eating. She had to have a big operation yesterday to repair it. Her wound is huge, she is ripping at her stitches at every chance so is wearing an elizabethan collar.

Got a call from school yesterday to collect Ashleigh as she was unwell & had to go to the doctors with her.

Had news a few days ago that a family friend has just passed away, so are awaiting news of the funeral.

Not been a good few days.