Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
04-04-2009, 02:31 PM   #61

Re: MY poorly Baby (Maxi)

And I used it for Min - actually I used Dorwest Tree Barks Powder, which may be the same thing under a different name

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
04-04-2009, 03:58 PM   #62

Poor Maxi and poor you! Hope he perks up bit after getting rid of the furball. That powder sounds as if it might be helpful.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
04-04-2009, 08:14 PM   #63

Oh poor Maxi and poor you, hope he gets well soon, I have a dog with a really sensitive tummy and it's really hard at first getting it under control. Hugs to you both. x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
05-04-2009, 10:13 PM   #64

Hi everybody, Maxi has been abit better today he has eaten more than he had been doing and has only done one poop this morning, it was still abit sloppy but was a lot firmer than it had been so I would say that it is getting better, also he has not been sick since the furball .
He is still abit quiter than usual but he has perked up and played abit today, is getting lots of cuddles so he is lapping it up
Thanks for all your lovely support yet again it is really great to hear all your supportive posts

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
05-04-2009, 10:15 PM   #65

Good to hear he seems to be on the mend!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
05-04-2009, 10:16 PM   #66

Really pleased to hear he is almost like his usual self.

Catsey Veteran

05-04-2009, 10:20 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
And I used it for Min - actually I used Dorwest Tree Barks Powder, which may be the same thing under a different name
Oh DM I nearly forgot I have got some of the "Dorwest Tree Barks Powder", but I had not tried it as I was abit unsure about how safe it actually was but it does sound good, how did you actually use it did you sprinkle it on the food?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
05-04-2009, 11:00 PM   #68

I have never used the dorwest tree bark powder but always swear by the slippery elm bark, they may be the same thing. Slipper elm can be sprinkled onto food but it does have a slight bitter taste which some cats dont apreciate, others take it no problem like that. I used to make a syrup from it and syringe 2ml twice daily to Winston.
Eva on the other hand wont eat nor allow me to syringe it to her.
I hope Max is on the mend, they are such a worry.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
05-04-2009, 11:06 PM   #69

I made a syrup for Merlin and used to syringe that. Actually he used to take about 5ml once or twice a day, but was not eating anything else.

I bought the organic slippery elm capsules without the caking agent and opened one capsule in a cup full of water and bought it to the boil, stirring continuously. It thickens slightly to a consistency a bit like egg white and then you just let it cool. It keeps for up to 5 days in the fridge. I used to take it out and stand it in a bowl of tap hot water to warm it before giving it to Merlin. He used to take it quite well syringed into the corner of his mouth across his tongue, so he drank it himself and didn't gag on it.

I have plenty left over and would be glad to send you some for you to try out on Maxi if you would like.

Catsey Veteran

05-04-2009, 11:08 PM   #70

Thanks Elaine, I think I will give it a try and yes they are a worry aren`t they